Brand: The Home Depot
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Corporate/Other
Job ID: 112942
The primary responsibility is to build equity in in The Home Depot s Private Brand Portfolio. In addition, this position supports Private Brand growth strategies through all marketing vehicles and business resources representing millions of dollars in Home Depot sales.
The Manager – Brand Development is responsible for:
- Ensuring consistent execution of brand standards through all consumer touch points (brand strategy, product requirements, communication guidelines and packaging standards) in partnership with the Sr. Manager Brand Development.
- Leading cross-functional teams to implement these plans across the business.
- A significant component of the Brand Development Manager’s job will be to create and implement institutional processes that drive more effective control and execution of Home Depot’s private brands.
- Developing and implementing brand/category specific marketing plans.
- The brand development manager will also serve as a marketing strategy consultant, helping to formulate the company’s strategies for seasonal events and merchandising initiatives.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30%- Work with Product Development and Engineering teams to develop category-level product requirements appropriate to brand positioning. Drive competitive benchmarking and consumer research as appropriate. Coordinate with international teams to ensure consistent global application of brand strategy and product requirements.
30%- Lead the development of Brand Guides for the applicable brand, partnering with Sr. Manager Brand Development for alignment. Develop integrated marketing plans (Internal & External). Lead project initiatives across all elements of the marketing mix, interacting with and managing/influencing other functions within THD
20%- Apply learnings from consumer insights to support private brand business growth. Participate in store walks and other data gathering opportunities to develop category knowledge and competitive intelligence.Explore and Apply Learning from Star Ratings Analysis Explore growth opportunities based on analytics
20%- Partner with PDMs and merchants to complete key business analyses including marketplace/business conditions, share trends, competitive assessment, packaging, promotional evaluation, product assortment, SKU rationalization, pricing/sizing analysis, and market research analysis and implications.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This role reports to the Sr Manager of Brand Development.
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 7 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 5 Years classical brand management experience
- Agency/consultant experience
- Start-up experience; corporate experience
- Retail or home improvement industry experience
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this role. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management has the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Leadership, strategic thinking, initiative and follow-through, conflict resolution
- Project management, priority setting, people management, analysis, budget management
- Management of cross-functional teams, effective written and verbal communication