- Reporting to the Snr. Director Business Development Private Brands, this role:
- Support activities related to sourcing private label product through all sourcing paths by developing and implementing a streamlined process for product development and delivery.
- Lead and execute core negotiation strategies and discussions with suppliers in order to achieve optimum supply of products for the lowest cost.
- Observe and manage commodity fluctuations and impact on cost through successful negotiation and long-term sourcing strategies.
- Manage the timely completion of key milestones necessary for downstream functions by conducting root cause analyses.
- Liaise between category teams and product development teams on issues related to product specifications or global design packs.
- Identifies suppliers based on their alignment with product technical specifications by obtaining information on quality standards from Technical Services and Product Development for specialized, complex, or high risk categories; partnering with Product Development to develop final product specifications based on required aesthetics, branding, and customer expectations; executing Walmart’s global leverage strategy to ensure optimal quality and cost across multiple retail markets; identifying potential obstacles; and leveraging existing knowledge and best practices to drive consistency and standardization of sourcing across suppliers.
- Build the supplier matrix for designated strategic business unit (SBU) categories by managing processes for onboarding new suppliers and maintaining existing suppliers.
- Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application.
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field and 3 years’ experience in sourcing, supply chain, merchandising, or related field OR
- 5 years’ experience in sourcing, supply chain, merchandising, finance or related field
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 4 years’ experience in global sourcing
- 4 years’ manufacturing experience
- 3 years’ experience working in multi-national / multi-functional teams
- 2 years’ experience in planning and managing budgets
- Proven experience in negotiating / supplier management
Employment Type: Full Time
Requisition Template: Home Office
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.