As 2017 came to a close, discount grocer ALDI issued a press release heralding it’s 2017 award wins for more than 200 private brand products. I love this. A retailer who is proud of their brands and their excellence, and not just any retailer but a discount grocer who is boldly proclaiming we have great private brands and we can prove it. Bravo!
“We’re honored each time ALDI wins an award,” said Jason Hart, ALDI CEO. “Nothing means more to us than the opinions of our customers. The recognitions mean our shoppers appreciate the quality of ALDI products and inspire us to keep bringing them the very best we can offer.”
Spanning every aisle in the store, ALDI products received more awards in 2017 than any previous year.
- Winners were chosen from results of the 2017 BrandSpark Best New Product Awards survey and user feedback from Shopper Army.
- Winning products include Little Journey Baby Food Purees, Specially Selected Brioche Buns and liveGfree Organic Brown Rice Quinoa Pasta.
Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval: 65 product wins
- Thirty-seven products won the PTPA seal, while an additional 28 holiday-focused products earned the Santa Tested Santa Approved Seal of Approval.
- Each award-winning product was evaluated by select members of PTPA’s extensive volunteer testing community of more than 70,000 trusted parents across North America.
- Winning products include SimplyNature Kids Organic Fruit Snacks, Nature’s Nectar 100% Apple Juice and SimplyNature Green Pea Crisps.
- Five products were recognized in the 7th Annual Gluten-Free Awards, while an additional five products were recognized in the 8th annual awards, both announced in 2017.
- Winning products include liveGfree Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Sandwiches (first place in the frozen meals category of the 7th annual awards), liveGfree Gluten Free Plain Wraps (second place in the tortilla or wrap category of the 7th annual awards) and liveGfree Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese (second place in the macaroni and cheese category of the 8th annual awards).
For the seventh year in a row, ALDI was voted Value Leader among U.S. grocery stores, according to a 2017 consumer survey conducted by Market Force Information. ALDI was also named the top major national grocery chain for customer loyalty.
Throughout 2017, ALDI has also been celebrated nationally and regionally as a leading employer and business, including being named to the Forbes Top Workplaces list, as well as Top Workplaces lists in 14 markets across the U.S., including Chicago, Houston, Minneapolis and St. Louis.
ALDI private brand wines were recognized by several wine industry organizations, such as the Beverage Testing Institute (BTI) and the San Diego International Wine and Spirits Challenge. Ratings are the result of blind tastings by panels of highly experienced and professional tasters who rate wines to reflect their overall style, character and quality.
“ALDI is a destination for wine enthusiasts looking for a diverse variety of reds, whites and rosés. Awards for our wine portfolio show us that we’re succeeding in providing high-quality wine at a great value,” said Hart.
In 2017, 35 ALDI-exclusive wines were recognized by BTI with a “Best Buy” rating, including five Gold Medal winners: Paluzzi Moscato D’Asti, Lot Series Reserve Malbec, Lot Series Grande Brut, William Wright Reserve Pinot Noir and Crimson Roots Zinfandel. The ALDI-exclusive Sargent Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon also earned a “Highly Recommend” rating from the San Diego International Wine and Spirits Challenge.
In addition to wine industry awards, the ALDI-exclusive Broken Clouds Pinot Noir earned the coveted 2017 Product of the Year title in the wine category (along with the SimplyNature Organic White Cheddar Puffs in the salty snacks category). The red wine from Sonoma Coast, California was ranked a favorite by 40,000 American shoppers for its rich berry flavors with an allspice finish.
Additionally, Chefs In America awarded its highest distinction, the American Masters of Taste Gold Medal Endorsement, to 12 wines from ALDI (in addition to 69 other ALDI-exclusive products). The network of more than 6,500 corporate and executive chefs and food industry professionals endorse products that emphasize taste excellence and superior quality.