Charlotte, NC, United States
Job Id#: 18997
Date published: 13-Nov-2017
Oversee the successful operation of Private Label brands across Ladies Accessories, Handbags, Jewelry, and Shoes for the family. Collaborate with domestic market partners on product creation & pursue direct sourcing opportunities long term to develop product for each Private brand. Maintain the integrity and consistency of each brand to support the lifestyle & brand profile for the targeted customers. Manage relationships with internal & external business partners to develop & execute desired product categories that fulfill long term growth strategies. Ensure in-season business objective are being met to achieve the desired financial results.
- Identify target consumers for the assigned brand labels and identify category expansions through strategic analysis
- Responsible for collaborating with the DMM, Buying team, Ready To Wear Brand Managers/Designers & domestic partners on product opportunities, product development and end to end life cycle development
- Oversee the brand profiles for each private brand and ensure that all product, pricing, and design aesthetic support the brand profiles across all merchandising categories.
- Analyze brand mix, competition and identify gaps and opportunities for private brands programs
- Responsible for attainment of gross margin, private label sales penetration by division and demand center, and partner with buying team on inventory management for all private brand labels
- Works effectively with staff and Divisional/BSS management to achieve sound financial and merchandising solutions based on analysis, input and experience
- Continually monitors a competitive strategy, including development and production of private brand products
- Reacts to business trends in a timely and efficient manner, while ensuring continuity with strategic goals
- Strong analytic skills and motivation to meet or exceed financial metrics
- Create & manage end to end calendars for product development for each business category
- Manage supplier qualification programs & testing protocols
- Utilize product pyramid to identify & build out core items, layering up fashion basics & taking fashion risks to deliver newness on a seasonal basis.
- Travel to Belk Stores, shop market and competition to benchmark Belk private brands versus the industry
Management Practices & Business Applications:
- Conduct regular reviews of business performance to plan and ensure corrective actions are taken and communicated.
- Ensure that corporate ads and events fit with brand and business strategies and are structured to achieve sales objectives.
- Interfaces with the GMM of Merchandising, EVP/SVP/VP’s Private Brands, VP DMM business category, SVP Marketing and sales promotion and VP Visual
- Regularly communicate with internal business partners and external vendors
- Communicates effectively with all levels.
- Effectively partners with Division management.
- Regularly shops competition
- Ability to develop a complete understanding of the Belk Stores Customers’ current and future product needs in a diverse market.
- Continue to assess customer perception and satisfaction levels
- Ability to develop a complete understanding of the Belk Stores Customers’ current and future product needs in a diverse market. Continue to assess Customer perception and satisfaction levels
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Organized and detailed
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of brand positioning
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
- Strong leadership, motivational abilities
- Negotiation skills