Job Location: US-AZ-Phoenix
Department: Store Support Staff (Corporate/Field Support)
Position Type: Full-Time
Requisition ID: 33357
The Creative Services team at Sprouts Farmers Market is a dynamic, energetic and talented team of designers, producers and makers working together to bring Sprouts business strategies to life using promotional vehicles, brand campaigns, digital assets and rich story-telling that resonates with our customers and differentiates our brand within the grocery sector. Our goal is to inspire, educate and empower our customers in their healthy living journey across all channels – digital/mobile experiences, branded promotions, in-store signing, mass promotions/campaigns, event activations and direct mail. We strive for every customer interaction to express the values and commitment of Sprouts to support Healthy Living for Less.
The Creative Director will be responsible for oversight of the enterprise-wide Creative Services team and high-level stewardship to ensure brand alignment (look and feel) across all channels of customer communications, private-label packaging and in-store customer experience. The Creative Director will strategically align and partner with Marketing/Communications leadership and cross-functional teams to ensure brand direction and all outputs of the creative services team are consistent and tactically aligned.
The Creative Director is responsible for executing design, art direction, asset creation and up-front concept planning in partnership with Marketing and Merchandising. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this leader must exhibit a strong passion and knowledge of graphic design (print & digital), grocery/food industry marketing, digital design and UX and in-store branded environments. This experienced individual should be able to continually deliver fresh and innovative creative solutions supporting the Sprouts brand.
What will I do as the Creative Director at Sprouts?
- Be a Brand Architect: You will lead Concepting/Art Direction supporting campaigns and promotions in partnership with strategic partners (brand/category marketing, customer engagement, advertising, communications and channel teams). You will lead the creative development of seasonal campaigns and lead all creative work from concept through to execution, understanding the distinct messaging needs for each marketing program and remaining a catalyst partner within the team for developing the best solution(s). You will create customer-centric concepts by applying high creative standards to the team’s visual and UX design skills that deliver on the defined business objectives.
- Be a Lead Designer: You will be a catalyst for creative thinking and non-traditional solutions. You will be a thoughtful leader that is expert at crafting visual stories that support both brand and product, driving and motivating creative inspiration and process for Creative Services. You will be responsible for the design direction of all design needs including: weekly ad format/concepts, e-commerce assets and UX, digital marketing, promotions, social media content, event collateral, private label packaging, in-store collateral and any other branded materials.
- Be Inspirational: You will lead idea generation, brainstorming and concept sessions.
- Be a Brand Curator: You will preserve the core-essence while bringing forth new perspectives and ideas. You will translate and interpret the creative briefs from Brand/Category leaders and develop outputs that support the strategy and customer impact intent for the work. You will initiate design direction and have a clear point of view; communicating cross-functionally as a seasoned partner and working well in a team environment.
- Be a Coach: You will instruct the team to drive for continual improvement in process and creative output through feedback and insights.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical Requirements
What should I bring to the table?
- 10+ years of Graphic Design, advertising or retail creative experience working as a Design Director/Creative Director with several of those years working with or for grocery or food brands, including digital channels.
- Design experience in a retail environment, managing the creative process from concept to execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, art, graphic design, communication or another related field.
- Strong creative instincts balanced with solid strategic and analytical capabilities.
- Affinity for working in a team environment. Positive, entrepreneurial spirit that enables adaptability and ability to set and achieve goals collaboratively.
- The ability to operate independently while building strong working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Experience defining or maintaining a design style guide or branding guidelines.
- Great sense of typography, design, and a keen sense for color with meticulous attention to detail
- Problem solving, resourcefulness, time management and prioritization of key activities are a must. Manages well under pressure and to deadline. Completes great work in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- In-house brand, packaging and physical retail design experience in a leading role.
- Experience in recruiting, developing and retaining creative talent.
- Experience in working with food industry, grocery or high customer-frequency brands.
In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm-fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary