The Director of Private Brand Strategy provides total financial leadership, direction and analysis to the executive leadership team by driving functional financial metrics, controlling costs, and working closely with the Senior Vice President, Global Brands & Product Development and Vice President Finance in order to achieve goals and add shareholder value for The Home Depot’s growing Private Brands business This person will be the key driver of the Strategic, Operating, and Resource Planning process.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conducts financial planning and forecasting for the functional area.
- Conducts Pro-Forma Financial Analysis.
- Develops and executes cost controls.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities to drive profitability and develops improvement strategies. Responsible for appropriate selection, performance appraisals, termination and professional development of assigned staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis and Functional Leader Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues – including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Environment: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 8 years
Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Preferred Qualifications: MBA
- Financial planning and analysis experience
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting Principles and Practices.
- Business Planning/Strategy Setting experience.
- Budgeting, Financial Planning and Financial Modeling skills. Knowledge of International Business and Finance.
- Ability to Interact with all levels of associates
GA – Atlanta
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2017
Company: The Home Depot
Functional Area: Finance/Acctng/Treasury/Investor Relations
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.