Southeastern Grocers, parent company of BI-LO, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, received high honors for three ice cream flavors and two cheese varieties from its SE Grocers private brand from the Wisconsin Dairy Products Association during the 2017 World Dairy Expo Championship Dairy Product Contest.
- First Place – Raspberry Cone Crunch Ice Cream (Category: Open Class Flavored Fruit)
- Second Place – French Vanilla Ice Cream (Category: French Vanilla)
- Third Place – Chocolate Ice Cream (Category: Regular Chocolate)
- Second Place – Swiss Chunk Cheese (Category: Swiss)
- Third Place – Cracker Cuts Colby Jack Cheese (Category: Colby/Monterey Jack)
Scott Morris, Executive Vice President of Merchandising at Southeastern Grocers, said, “It’s an honor to be recognized at a national level among other leaders in the dairy industry. We’re proud of our award-winning ice creams and cheeses, which represent robust flavors, rich texture and quality ingredients at an affordable price for our customers to enjoy.”
This marks the third consecutive year Southeastern Grocers has been recognized by the Wisconsin Dairy Products Association, with top prizes awarded for Prestige French Vanilla in 2016 and Prestige Coconut Almond Fudge in 2015. The 2017 World Dairy Expo was held in Madison, Wisconsin on May 3-7, 2017 and serves as a forum for dairy producers, companies, organizations and other dairy enthusiasts to come together to compete, and to exchange ideas, knowledge, technology and commerce.