No. of Positions: 1
Department Name: MERCH SERVICES
Job Status: Full-Time (40 Hours)
Recruiter: Susan Casterline
Retail Business Services LLC, an Ahold Delhaize company – a leader in the complex, competitive world of the supermarket industry, is hiring a Copywriter for the Quincy, MA corporate office.
This role creates, sources and proofs packaging-related brand copy for all Private Brands products. Develops understanding of each Private Brand in the portfolio as well as each local Brands’ consumer segments, corporate research (consumer insights) and industry trends.
- Responsible for writing, editing and proofreading packaging copy
- Effectively manage multiple projects while consistently delivering compelling and relevant copy on a timely fashion
Organizational context: This position is an individual contributor that creates packaging romance copy to support the product positioning. They will have to understand internal client needs, brand positioning and align them to enhance the product messaging and make it more appealing to customers. Must be able to collaborate with internal clients (e.g. Product Managers, Category Managers, Product Development Managers) and peers.
Framework & guidelines: Partners with the Design team and follows the creative brief to deliver compelling copy to enhance the product positioning. Offers options to internal clients (i.e. Private Brands Product Managers and Category Managers).
Degree of latitude: Ensure and deliver the appropriate brand voice and character.
Interactions and relationships: Closely interacts with internal clients like Product Managers, Designers and Labeling regulatory peers. Additionally, this role could interact with marketing teams at the local brand level.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communications preferred. Associate’s degree and equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years previous copywriting experience required.
- Demonstrated strong English grammar skills, working knowledge of sales and advertising writing evidenced by previous work history.
- Exemplary writing, computer, proofing and communications skills.
- Strong PC skills to include MS Word, Excel and/or Access, Internet and e-mail.
- Understanding of both business and consumer needs/insights.
- Must be able to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Passionate and a strong interest in food/cooking and products in general.
- Culinary experience and/or profound interest in culinary strongly required.
- Prior experience on brands and/or packaging copywriting a plus.
- Great attention to detail.
Education (Highest Level): Bachelors Degree
Experience: 5-7 years