PB CAREERS: Supervalu – Quality Assurance Scientist- Private Brands
The Product Development/Quality Assurance (PDQA) Scientist manages new product development, quality assurance, regulatory compliance and continuous improvement of products marketed under Supervalu’s Private Brand portfolio. This position will require strong hands-on culinary knowledge and culinary application experience for a successful candidate.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develops Supervalu’s private label products to ensure they remain competitive with National brands and industry benchmarks by maintaining ongoing product evaluations, regulatory compliance and continuous improvement processes.
- Partners with a cross-functional team of marketing, packaging, sourcing, legal and supplier partners to develop new products, improve existing products and market the brand to consumers.
- Partners with suppliers to ensure a complete product specification, formulation and quality expectations.
- Ensures compliance of first production run process for all items.
- Owns and manages a detailed product specifications for each of Supervalu’s branded products.
- Maintains product specifications and associated private label product documentation.
- Prepares, conducts, documents and reports product cuttings for product performance testing and evaluations.
- Ensures vendor facility certification standards for domestic and import suppliers are met prior to project initiation.
- Generates consumer recipes to support private label product packaging and social media.
- Verifies and ensures regulatory compliance of product, label and packaging as dictated by the applicable regulating agency.
- Leads investigation and resolution of quality and/or regulatory issues or concerns from regulators, retail stores, or internal and external customers; determines and recommends appropriate mitigation activities.
- Passion for food.
- Bachelor’s Degree in food science/technology, Culinology or equivalent technical food work experience required.
- 3+ years of packaged goods product development and/or quality assurance/regulatory experience in the food industry; or relevant experience.
- Culinary production (restaurant) experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-developed palate.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Valid driver’s license.
Primary Location: Minnesota-Hopkins
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.