Responsible to identify the Company’s private label product opportunities, negotiate product specifications, and brand/market products. Ensure the proper assortment, pricing, placement, promotion, and purchasing of private label products and maximize the company gross profit through negotiations with vendor partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required) Marketing
- Business Administration or related area, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Five years Marketing, Category Management, Product Management and/or Product Development experience.
- Three year’s experience with purchasing and negotiating programs within suppliers in a retail/wholesale environment.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Identify the Company’s private label product opportunities, negotiate product specifications, and brand/market products. Maximize the company’s gross profit through negotiations with vendor partners to expand business opportunities, meet pricing requirements, etc.
- Responsible to manage the P&L for assigned business area to achieve private label market gains budget.
Manage the implementation of new product items from development, distribution, promotions; partner with marketing, distribution and other internal departments as necessary.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and market trends to accurately plan, management and forecast promotional spending and drive sales of private label products.
- Participate in the strategic planning and development for private label brands; communicate brand strategy and messaging to retailers and consumers utilizing various communication methods (i.e., advertising, location visits, etc.).
- Manage the strategic plan for assigned private label products to include analysis of advertising trends, pricing, promotion, placement and product mix, and other related competitive factors. Make recommendations for the strategic plan based on the results of such analysis.
Responsible for growing private label penetration percentage in both corporate-owned stores and independent retailers.
- Negotiate private label cost of goods, promotional pricing, marketing spend, etc. with external vendors. Communicate related vendor accounting (funding/income) with Accounting accordingly; review and approve folios payments and billings for assigned categories.
- Ensure the design of private label brand merchandising and marketing plans, programs, and campaigns align with the merchandise, strategic plan, etc. to achieve projected sales and gross profit objectives; maintain related product budget(s).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors, current and potential consumers/retailers, and internal cross-functional departments.
Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and best Marketing/Product Development practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
General office equipment (i.e., computer, telephone, copy/facsimile machine, etc.)