Job ID: 549378
Company:Amazon Fulfillment Services, Inc.
Position Category:Project/Program/Product Management–Non-tech
The Amazon Consumables Private Label team is creating a global portfolio of premium consumables products to meet Prime customers’ daily needs. We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Category Manager with a healthy obsession for the rapidly evolving world of consumer packaged goods, online grocery delivery, and product innovation to join our team and help us change the everyday lives of our global customers. The Category Manager will identify/evaluate new category opportunities and manage our ongoing P&Ls.
You are passionate about identifying a compelling profitable assortment that will delight our customers. You have experience analyzing data, driving cost out of the supply chain, and developing new businesses. You enjoy building profitable businesses and getting into the details of a P&L. You have amazing level of intellectual curiosity, strong financial acumen, a high degree of ownership and integrity, and a high attention to detail. You are an independent self-starter who thrives in connecting people and ideas and have a strong entrepreneurial drive. You excel at communication and are comfortable with playing a lead role in a highly visible organization. You coordinate with cross-functional teams to drive growth and process improvement for your business.
This role will be focused on a confidential segment of our business.
The Category Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating the online and offline assortment for your assigned categories and determining the right assortment for us to build based on market trends and customer needs analysis.
- Weekly and monthly tracking of category P&Ls to monitor profitability goals and diving deep where needed to drive continuous improvement.
- Process development, operational planning and understanding of comprehensive financial analysis to support forecasting/inventory investments.
- Developing the global product road map for the Consumables Private Brands program and working closely with both domestic and international key stakeholders.
- Influence executive decision-makers, helping them to understand the brand, desired product positioning, key points of difference, and target customer. – Partnering closely with cross functional teams including the retail category teams, marketing, product development, legal, tax, product compliance, social accountability, trade compliance, finance, transportation, and global suppliers to deliver on brand equity, net revenue, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborating with other members of the Consumables Private Label team including Brand Management, Commercialization, Consumer Insights, and Instock Management
- Developing a thorough understanding of the market segment, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitoring competitor efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in category management or related field
- Experience with a general merchandise retailer or consumer packaged goods company
- Experience working with marketing to drive customer trial and repeat
- Experience in developing the right assortment, utilizing consumer usage, attitudes, needs and wants for product development direction
- Experience managing a P&L including analyzing cost drivers and working with supply chain to drive cost out of the P&L
- Knowledge of product development process
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Composed, poised and professional demeanor
- Experience with primary product development as well as reverse engineering existing products
[aio_button align=”center” animation=”flash” color=”green” size=”small” icon=”none” text=”APPLY TODAY!” relationship=”dofollow” url=”https://us-amazon.icims.com/jobs/549378/sr.-category-manager%2c-consumables-private-brands/job?iis=Job+Posting&iisn=Indeed+%28Free+Posting%29&mobile=false&width=1670&height=1200&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240″]