Responsible for owning, identifying, creating solutions and delivering product renovation, in line with Global and RBS Sustainability goals, across the assigned Private Brands (PB) portfolio of products and collaborating with PB Innovation Team and PB Nutritionists. Work with PB Product Owners and Categories to highlight opportunities for renovation that widen the gap between Private Brands and competitors and increase differentiation. Identify novel functional ingredients to increase differentiation through renovation of Private Brand products and leveraging Culinary Center team to bring these concepts to life. Execute guardrails and processes of product development in order to ensure full alignment with brand standards and become famous for Private Brands. Oversee the development and implementation of the nutrition strategy for Private Brands. Ensure compliance with nutritional guidelines for the Private Brands portfolio in order to ensure full alignment with brand standards and become famous for Private Brands. Champion the Guiding Stars application across products in the Private Brands portfolio.
- Acts as lead Product Innovation Owner for a specific local Brand with expertise in assigned portfolios
- Works with PB Product Owners to implement the category development strategies to strengthen suppliers, quality and innovation for Private Brand’s products in line with required timelines.
- Identifies and implements product portfolio opportunities through innovation and competitor analysis in assigned categories.
- Develops, executes, and initiates development with vendors, PB Product Owners and Category teams in assigned category areas.
- Oversees and maintains brand integrity of Product Development in portfolio, from concept through production.
- Ensures product lines are appropriate for the designated customer segment to make us Famous for Private Brands.
- Helps identify category product development priorities and timetables consistent with the priorities and needs of Private Brands and assesses and manages the balance between work load/available time
- Manages the integrity of all Private Brands products consistent with the brand definition and strategy. Ensures product lines are appropriate for the designated customer segment.
- Works with Culinary Center team to bring ideas to life.
- Exudes a high degree of credibility and the ability to work with and through all levels of management.
- Continually seeks opportunities, in conjunction with suppliers, PB Product Owners and Category Managers, to drive renovation, reduce overall costs and improve quality of product (as appropriate).
- Identifies and works with ingredient suppliers and manufacturers to bring innovative ingredients to aid renovation efforts. Works with Product Renovation leads and Culinary Center team as relevant.
- Drives financial results by providing product development options that differentiate the brand from other products in the marketplace.
- Works closely with manufacturers, PB Product Owners and Merchandising teams involving product by category, quality concerns and overall aesthetics of the product.
- Defines, continuously improves and manages the overall product development process including new products, product improvements and gross margin improvements; encompassing product formulation for assigned categories.
- Identifies unique product attributes and benefits to achieve brand differentiation related to seasonal products, platforms, key business shifts and new product concepts.
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing and interpreting market data and consumer research to identify emerging trends and consumer needs and/or behaviors that provide insights leading to product innovation, renovation and differentiation.
Education (Highest Level): Bachelors Degree
Experience: 2-4 years
Certificates or Other: Experience designing food or food related products preferred
Travel Requirements: 50%
[aio_button align=”none” animation=”bounce” color=”blue” size=”small” icon=”none” text=”APPLY TODAY!” relationship=”dofollow” url=”https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGWEbHost/jobdetails.aspx?jobId=177284&PartnerId=30003&SiteId=5048&codes=US-INDD”]