Job ID: 381380
Posted Date: 5/22/2017
Company: Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category: Business Intelligence
Recruiting Team: North American Teams – Consumer – Retail Plus
The Amazon Fashion Team is developing Private Label offerings with the purpose of surprising and delighting our customers. Are you passionate about big data and analytics? Are you interested in guiding critical business decisions around Amazon’s latest start-up? If so, the Private Label Apparel team is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst/Engineer to help define the success of our business, build the data infrastructure from the ground up, and scale for rapid growth.
In this role, you will be working with one of the world’s largest data environments and will operate across multiple disciplines including and not limited to business, technology, database planning, statistics, data mining, and social science. Example responsibilities include:
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Interacting with internal stakeholders to share findings from deep dive analyses
- Enabling effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Identifying process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existing metrics, analyzing data, and partnering with internal teams
- Develop quantitative models, forecasts, and simulations to evaluate various trade-offs associated with physical fulfillment operations.
- Apply data mining, quantitative analysis, and statistics to understand how our customers interact with our business.
- Analyze big data (Search Experience, Detail Page, Order History, Clickstream analytics) to figure out user behavior problems, and output reports with clear recommendations.
- Report on customer, product, marketing and sales insights and trends to senior leadership and the team at large.
- Develop queries and reports for business teams and ongoing projects.
This team is a great fit for you if:
- You like to work on projects that have a direct impact to millions of customers across the globe
- You truly care about the business results of the recommendations and models you develop
- You like to partner closely with business stakeholders
- You want to be part of a team disrupting the retail industry
- You adapt to change well and operate well in ambiguity
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science, or comparable industry experience.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or comparable experience in other big data environments.
- Strong proficiency at querying and architecting relational databases – e.g. Oracle SQL Developer, ETL, Redshift, Vertica, MS SQL, etc
- Experience with statistical tools (e.g. R) and analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis.
- Experience using one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby)
- Experience with big data: processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (100K to Millions of rows) of data.
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Genuine curiosity, proven problem solving ability, and passion for data.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis in big data environments.
- Experience in advanced machine-learning methodologies (e.g. supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning etc.)
- Experience with clustered data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, Hive)
- Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
- Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies