Job ID 1187120BR
Date posted 04/13/2017
Location Mooresville, NC
Location Name CSC-Mooresville
Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard
Employment Type I Regular
Employment Type II Full-Time
Line of Business Corporate
Department 0060 – Home Decor Private Brands
The principle purpose of the Product Manager is to lead product strategy and lifecycle management for Private Brand products within the established guardrails of the Brand and Merchandising strategy. The Product Manager will partner with Merchandising to set objectives and lead activities needed to deliver financial, brand and customer satisfaction objectives.
The Product Manager will have primary responsibility for understanding the competitive landscape, target customer needs and industry innovation for the purpose of identifying opportunities for customer-valued product solutions. This includes developing product strategies and business plans, prioritizing customer requirements, leading multi-generational product planning and working with other functions to deliver differentiated product. This position will also be accountable for ensuring alignment with stakeholders throughout key product development decision points to enable an efficient use of resources.
In a highly matrixed environment, this position will work closely with Merchandising, Product Design and Development, International Merchandising, Quality Assurance and Marketing to optimize the assigned product portfolio.
This position will have a significant impact on the assigned product categories and the overall company. To accomplish this, the Product Manager must have broad category and product management knowledge with a strong understanding of retail business.
Use the predefined sections and bullets listed as a general start. Each Manager position will require you to add significantly to what is provided to list the unique responsibilities that describe what is essential to the job. Not all sections or bullets may be applicable. The completed categories below are typically core; and apply to most jobs at this level. Feel free to make slight tweaks to those responsibilities or delete those that do not apply.
Product Management Leadership
- Manages multi-generational product planning and execution to deliver financial, brand and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Leads development of new product development scopes including product requirements and business case definition.
- Collaborates with suppliers and Product Design to understand industry trends, technology and product innovation.
- Establishes new frameworks and approaches to efficiently manage assigned product lines in a matrix organization.
- Develops and synthesizes consumer insights and competitive intelligence to identify opportunities.
- Coordinates go-to-market plans for new product launches.
- Primary liaison with cross-functional teams (i.e. Product Design and Development, Merchandising, International Merchandising, Quality Assurance, Marketing) to deliver the private brand strategy and objectives.
- Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the industry by seeking out and learning about changes in the field.
- Delivers positively to measures of success by maintaining a strong focus on the bottom line.
- Leads alignment across the team using a deep understanding product management processes.
- Drives projects and tasks to completion through teams, regardless of changing conditions, by coaching and developing associates and building bench strength for the organization.
- Uses a critical eye to examine and streamline work flows and processes within the team, to increase efficiency.
- Aligns the team’s time and effort on projects that are critical to success.
- Delegates the right tasks and decisions to the people who are in the best position to execute them.
- Provides open feedback and mentorship to team members to encourage growth and greater responsibility.
- Hires, trains and develops the talent necessary to achieve stated objectives providing meaningful development opportunities for individuals in preparation for succession planning.
- Stays current with industry trends related to the assigned Private Brand and product group(s) and focuses on how these trends can influence company strategy.
Develops and presents material frequently to senior leadership
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in business, design or engineering with five years of experience on a product development team
- 3+ years of experience building, managing and growing a product portfolio in a large retail environment or consumer goods organization
- 3+ years of experience developing multi-generational product plans including strategies and business cases for new product development
- 3+ years of leading people and project teams to deliver business objectives
- Experience creating or managing strategic partnerships
- Leadership experience in retail private brand product management
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
[aio_button align=”none” animation=”none” color=”red” size=”small” icon=”none” text=”Apply Today!” relationship=”dofollow” url=”https://jobs.lowes.com/job/-/-/1627/4442611?rx_campaign=indeed0&rx_group=102039&rx_job=1187120BR&rx_source=Indeed&codes=INDEED”]