PB CAREERS: Toys “R” Us – Manager, Global Brand Production
The Global “R” Us Brands Team is responsible for developing Private Brand merchandise for the Toy, Apparel, and Juvenile segments which are grouped into several globally recognized brands, as well as marketing that merchandise to our stores around the world. The Manager of Global Operations lives within the disciplines of Supply Chain, Sourcing, IT, Finance, and Product/Brand Development. This position reflects high-quality performance in process improvement, analytics, systems & tools, training, and change management. The Manager must succeed in implementing operational initiatives that support the organization’s objectives and financial goals.
- Play a key leadership role in critical projects aimed at continuously improving and driving the Global Private
- Brand business processes to achieve flawless execution and growth across global markets.
- Support coordination and adherence to Global Toys R Us procedures with all cross functional teams and own first point of escalation for identified issues. Partner with PD, GSO, Supply Chain, IT, Merchandising, & Vendors to solve quality, safety, and delivery issues.
- Work with Merchant and MP&A teams to improve PO Writing accuracy and drive PO Change Management
- Compliance disciplines. Monitor item setup in all markets, assist where appropriate, and mitigate any issues.
- Regularly prepare aggregate Global PO reporting and communicate findings to key leadership stakeholders.
- Provide level-2 support for vendor issues and drive compliance by monitoring and responding to emails while engaging other TRU departments as needed.
- Coordinate necessary resources to resolve any quality control issues to QA team for domestic items and international items.
- Support the tracking of all seasonal calendar milestones to help the business meet its objectives and avoid product delays.
- Leverage cross-functional involvement to perform ad hoc analysis on private brand performance metrics.
- Analyze vendor issues, interpret data, spot trends, and direct Global Sourcing Office follow-ups to drive compliance.
- Analyze Merchant projections to identify allocations, quantities, and understand delivery priorities
- Provide input on report requirements and mockups to support business process operations and critical decisions.
- Drive and support strategic initiatives through detailed and accurate reporting.
- Assist in projects aimed at continuously improving and driving the Global Private Brand business processes to achieve flawless execution and growth across global markets.
- Participate in the mid-range and long-term business plan development process and communicate to the
- department regarding issues.
- Assist the organizations and vendor community’s process adoption and adherence by anticipating, escalating, and effectively resolving any roadblocks.
- Learn and support best practices and process discipline necessary to grow the Global “R” Us Brands business.
Systems and Tools:
- Provide support for Private Brand systems & tools including FlexPLM, EDQ, RMS, WebPDM, and APLL.
- Support R Brands business practices through the creation and maintenance of systems and tools. Assist in the development of templates, tools, and dashboards to streamline critical Production Management tasks.
- Contribute to the creation of system requirements through the enhancement of existing or the introduction of new capabilities.
- Support user testing and deployment activities for Private Brands owned systems.
- Support training sessions on systems, tools, and processes.
- Aid the standardization and consistency in training across TRU by soliciting feedback from the training audiences and key stakeholders.
- Facilitate various training programs to support Private Brand and overseas partners.
- Assist in the creation of internal and external onboarding programs to foster deeper understanding of all Toys R Us business process.
- Work with multiple internal/external organizations to build effective cross-functional relationships.
- Promote flexible and open communication to facilitate harmony and foster teamwork.
- Continuously explore opportunities to learn and grow throughout the Toys R Us organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent experience required
- Experience in Production Management or Supply Chain
- Familiarity with freight, transportation and shipping Logistics
- Working knowledge of purchase order management processes and tools
- Ability to travel globally is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and an ability to manage multiple initiatives with shifting priorities while adhering to strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint to support data analysis.
- Familiarity with web-based collaboration tools.
Toys “R”Us is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin