PB CAREERS: Belk – Brand Manager- Be Inspired/Zelos
Charlotte, NC, United States
Job Id#: 13972
The Brand Manager is responsible for conceptualizing, designing and managing private brand labels manufactured exclusively for Belk specific to the customer segmentation of the area of responsibility. Takes the lead in updating and maintaining the brand identity and ensuring the direction of the brand across all categories to include input on the vision and marketing direction of the line.
Responsible for providing leadership through product category expertise. Must maintain a collaborative working relationship in the development and production of private brand merchandise between merchant, and their development team, inclusive of design and textile design; technical design and sourcing.
- Own and manage development and presentation of overall concept, color and trend vision specific to customer segmentation/brand based on emerging trends.
- Shop retail market to identify assortment and incoming trend opportunities based on competitive landscape and customer segmentation.
- Manage the creation of all presentation materials/boards for brand from development to finalization of lines based on emerging color, print and silhouette trends (concept/color boards, croqui boards, fabric boards, print boards)
- Manage line development and merchandising to meet SKU plan needs. Responsible for developing product within brand aesthetic, price/value and Average Unit Cost (AUC) target.
- Manage style creation process at all development milestones.
- Partner with Sourcing on vendor allocation based on Research & Development (R&D), core competencies and overall vendor performance.
- Communicate directly with overseas agents and domestic vendors on development proto/sample requests by style for line finalization.
- Facilitate and lead hand0off of development to cross functional team (technical design, overseas agent and sourcing )during development and post line finalization.
- Provides esthetic fit intention at hand-off to technical design. Attend fit sessions only as required by business needs.
- Partner with buying team on brand vision and the execution at store level and marketing.
- Read and react quickly to sales performance for in season opportunities and future development.
- Manage time and action calendar to ensure that all development milestones are met.
- Identify new packaging, label and hang tag needs.
- Manage design team and drive brand aesthetic.
- Accountable for supporting a learning culture that will empower and leverage a collaborative team environment.
- Responsible for linking team’s work to support company mission, vision, values, goals, and strategies.
- Accountable for all profitability/financial metrics by Dept. that contribute to company EBITDA.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned by manager or required by business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 yrs experience in product development or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of the product manufacturing techniques, fabrication, and costing components that impact product line development.
- Line building and merchandising required. Buying experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible; capable of shifting to different projects as priorities change
- Ability to use analytical and reasoning skills to review data
- Detail oriented, flexible, self-motivated with the ability to effectively lead others.
- Available and able to travel internationally and domestically as required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs.
- Able to see and distinguish colors.
Reports to: Brand Director
Supervises: Designer, Associate Brand Manager, Assistant Brand Manager and Merchandise Assistant as area and business need requires
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.