Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Job Id#: 13832
Responsible for designing, developing and executing product designs that achieve Belk’s Private Brand objectives, and overall product strategy. Participate in research and development of seasonal trends and ensure that designs meet merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points, and overall creative direction.
- Strong fashion sense and ability to translate merchant/ market input into highly salable product.
- Create and present design concepts to Product Management, Merchant Teams, Trend Department, Technical Design and Vendor partners.
- Create development sketches for new private brand styles.
- Apply understanding of design process and Private Brands/Merchant’s business objectives to ensure consistency and drive financial results.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Overseas Offices, Merchandising, Trend Department, Textile Design, Technical Design/QA, and Vendors to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity.
- Produce cohesive product presentations to sell the concept to the entire team, including boards, tear sheets and samples.
- Evaluate all meeting and production samples with the extended Private Brand team.
- Participate as a member of the Private Brand team for continual improvement of the product.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop relationships and interact with extended Private Brand teams, extended Merchandising teams, Trend Director, Overseas Offices, and vendors to exchange ideas, leverage expertise and streamline the process.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
Education & Experience:
- BS, BA in Fashion Design, Fine Art or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated creative ability.
- Knowledge of design and product development processes.
- Presentation and organizational skills.
- Proven design expertise in a given category.
- Commercial sense and market knowledge.
- Strong listening skills and experience assimilating product feedback.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated proactive thinking and problem-solving ability; team player.
- Ability to research and apply market/trend information.
- PC skills, knowledge of design-related computer system.
For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.