The Senior Sourcing Manager- Americas sets the direction and implement strategies that maximize the development, production, and QC of Private Brand Apparel in the Americas, including Central America, South America, Mexico, Caribbean and the US Domestic market. Collaborates directly with internal Product Management team to develop sourcing and production solutions.
- Responsible for Americas sourcing, production, and QC leadership and working in conjunction with US based Materials Testing, compliance, fabric and technical design teams. Monitor WIP and timelines for all production in the Americas to facilitate on time delivery. Manage CA factory and mill capacity to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Develop and direct the strategy to maximize production opportunities in the Americas (US, Mexico, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean.)
- Maintain an ongoing expert working knowledge of suppliers and manufacturing capabilities in the Americas by category and market trends within both hard lines and soft lines.
- Monitor and report monthly the trends in all currencies, materials, labor costs and global issues affecting sourcing and production decisions. Issue recommendations to mitigate impact or maximize on the opportunity as trends develop. Performs any ad-hoc projects as assigned by senior management supervisor
- Develop a vendor matrix and maintain the supplier scorecard for manufacturers in the Americas
- Negotiate costs, terms, and placement of all product developed by Product Development in the Americas
- Collaborate with the US and Asia-based partners to integrate and maximize the total sourcing efforts.
Additional Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Sound leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with people of diverse cultures
- Advanced knowledge of apparel factory production and QA
- Factory/Mill Capacity planning experience
- Travel up to 30% of job