Take the helm of one of the world’s most iconic brands, and bring it to life for customers around the globe. As part of Macy’s marketing team, you’ll own, guide, and direct what it means to make magic. Constantly creating, innovating, and exploring the new, you’ll drive customer engagement and spark the excitement that makes Macy’s special.
The Marketing Manager develops and executes 360-degree, customer-centric Private Brand marketing strategies and campaigns that drive engagement, affinity and commitment supporting sales and EBIT targets. This position collaborates across the organization with merchants, creative, production, analytics and market research teams as well as external agency partners. Managers are aligned with a lifestyle and report to Director of Marketing Strategy
Develop 360 degree, customer centric, Omni-channel branded marketing strategies that drive the big ideas, convey fashion/product authority and enhance brand engagement, affinity and commitment.
- Become the expert on brands and lifestyle through understanding of the key merchandising initiatives/trends and big ideas internally as well as throughout the competitive market, unearthing opportunities to elevate and differentiate our brands. Building strong collaboration with merchants is key to success.
- Be the authority on “The Customer” for the brands through utilization of data available across CSI, NPD and market research to drive greater levels of engagement and building affinity/commitment to our brands. Partner with the analytics and market research teams.
- Build impactful marketing strategy presentations across campaigns and special projects to present across marketing and merchant teams including senior management.
- Develop digital media briefs that align with key campaign/brand objectives and drive key KPIs. Partner with the digital media team to align and execute.
- Partner with Macy’s Inc. special event and PR teams to conceive, produce and execute in-store events, promotions and press efforts
- Work with PR agencies to ensure maximum exposure for brands in editorial venues and in developing unique programs to attract media attention.
- Own the talent contract development process with the Macy’s legal team to drive inclusion of key campaign needs.
- Drive digital growth across brands and classifications through in-depth knowledge of business driving actions
- Own the merchant/digital merchant PDP video process. Communicate performance and action plans along with driving new concepts to give the customer what she is looking for to make trusted decisions.
- Ensure a customer seamless experience from media to site experience with our brands, partner with digital merchants.
- Stay current on new site enhancements to drive future marketing actions and decisions.
- Contribute to the seasonal campaign planning process and idea generation:
- Actively participate and generate marketing ideas throughout the campaign planning process.
- Utilize and summarize marketing effectiveness and sales results to appropriately teams to drive future advertising decisions
- Lead weekly marketing team meetings. Maintain time & action schedule; form agenda, address follow-ups, & communicate necessary information to collective team.
- Lead merchandise review and merchandise turn-in meetings in partnership with Merchant and Creative teams.
- Support forecasting and financial planning/budget management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in marketing, advertising and/or retail
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Proven track record of developing effective marketing strategies; Leadership skills, including ability to motivate a team, communicate effectively with others, and establish credibility with senior management
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, detail-oriented, flexible, resourceful with ability to handle & prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
City/State: New York, NY
Location: 46020-Macy’s Merchandising Group Corporate Offices
Category: Corporate » Marketing
Requisition ID: PRI01716
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
[aio_button align=”left” animation=”flash” color=”red” size=”small” icon=”none” text=”APPLY TODAY!” relationship=”dofollow” url=”https://www.macysjobs.com/Search/JobDetail/Manager—Private-Brands-Marketing-Brand-Strategy/New-York/New-York/PRI01716?src=JB-10420&src=JB-10420″]