The Creative Director of Marketing plays a crucial role in developing all marketing creative materials including print, digital, in-store, mass media and private brand materials and assets. This role is responsible for the end to end delivery and holistic integrity of Family Dollar creative. The role is responsible for implementing and developing brand standards and strategies across all creative executions and will be responsible for both external creative agencies and internal creative resources to ensure consistent treatment across touchpoints. This will include establishing the holistic look and feel for both seasonal, private brand and everyday marketing programs and playing a leadership role in creating new programs that will drive incremental traffic to the store.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish the holistic creative approach across all touchpoints and implement the brand strategies and standards.
- Integrate and optimize all creative agencies and internal creative resources.
- Develop seasonal and private brand packaging standards
- Streamline and optimize creative process and delivery
- Step change customer facing creative to elevate the brands equity and business potential.
- Delivering projects on time and within budget; operating with a scarcity mentality
- Lead the process for selecting and purchasing corporate art for all seasonal events in preparation for Merchants when buying merchandise and building assortments.
- Partner with Merchants and Designers throughout the package design process to ensure the product is meeting design, market, legal, corporate requirements.
- Supervise, hire and train creative department, including communicating expectations, providing feedback and assistance, and performance management.
Education: BS and relevant work experience
Ten years of experience in creative services with broad-based skill set across all marketing mediums including print, packaging, digital, TV, and in-store creative, ideally in the retail industry. Rich portfolio of work demonstrating the ability to transform compelling creative vision into engaging experiences for customers
Experience with creative software and databases as well as basic Microsoft office skills. Demonstrated expertise of creative design tools including ability to create concepts, wireframes, prototypes, mockups, visual and interaction designs, video editing, motion, and production. Comprehensive knowledge of camera, lighting and studio equipment and production processes
Strong leadership skills, people and agency management experience including developing vision and enabling teams to deliver against that vision. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to work cross‑functionally; ability to work within and meet deadlines; proven negotiating skills; ability to understand the balance between cost, quality and deadlines.
Primary Location: NC-Charlotte
Job Level: Director
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Shift: Day Job
Relocation Assistance Yes
Background Check Required Yes
Drug Screen Required Yes