Bed Bath Beyond – Private Brand Merchant – Health & Beauty
The Project Manager will interact with buyers, visual merchandising/ graphics, vendor’s product/design, quality testing and cross concept development. Individual is responsible for ensuring items are placed in the correct packaging brand (NBE), the package is structurally built and package accurately portrays features/benefits of the product. Our department mission to establish the best merchandising packaging in the industry.
The manager is responsible for overseeing the packaging for private brand and propriety labels merchandised within BBB HBC department. The manager must develop strong relationships with our Category Management team, Planning/Replenishment group, Private Brand suppliers, and communication skills to work across enterprise cross concept teams. It is essential this individual understand packaging production from start to finish and be able to manage overseeing hundreds of items at any one time.
- Strategy & insights for each merchandised category, quarterly meetings, supply chain review, improve efficiencies and speed to shelf.
- Common objectives and accountability to buying/merchandising/planning staff; department budgets will be set and unit projection shared.
- End to end solution to build, develop, analyze growth and educate the customer; enhance the strength/regiment of all BBB private brands.
- Understand and meet the needs of private brand supplier and category management disciplines of the retailer, including POS data/analytics.
- Cross concept management, manage enterprise opportunities, including web content, theme display/marketing initiatives and compare & save to NB.
- Develop annual strategy business planning (18-month vision); followed up with quarterly supplier appointments, utilizing tracker format to plan/accomplishments.
- Manage packaging design and testing; with supplier’s quality control department or third party, which would include government medical device class.
- Manage product innovation, category development, merchandising presentation and strengthened buyer/supplier partnership goals.
- Leverage consumer/customer data and trends; analyze assortment, retail price points and competitive landscape identify sales opportunities.
- Manage inventory levels (rotation) and fill rates (goal 100% service level); stores, distribution centers and suppliers inventory management systems.
- College Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years Retail Merchandising and Category Management, with strong knowledge of National and Private Brand relationships.
- Developed and confident organization, planning and management skills
- Effective and confident communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and accept constructive criticism
- Proficient computer skills; word, excel and power point