Amazon Private Brands is seeking a hardworking, self-directed Senior Marketing Manager to accelerate customer adoption of our newest food brand through a proactive, data-driven approach. This is also a unique opportunity to play a strategic leadership role in changing the way customers shop for groceries online.
The ideal candidate has an unbridled passion for consumer products – food and beverages in particular – and an entrepreneurial spirit which thrives in a start-up environment. As the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for defining and executing a lifecycle-driven approach to acquiring and retaining customers to Amazon’s own food brand. You will also be creating and executing brand-driven tests in order to scale successful initiatives on Amazon-owned and operated channels, as well as external digital channels (social, display and affiliate).
Success in this role requires seeing the big picture, defining ambitious plans and goals, building programs and processes to scale, and then rolling up your sleeves and executing in a rapidly changing environment. You are an independent, creative problem-solver with a critical eye for excellent content and editorial, and must be able to lead and manage multiple projects. You will also have proven data analysis skills and success increasing customer adoption, awareness and discovery of new products in a crowded environment. You are a passionate advocate for our brand, our customers and their ongoing interaction with Amazon.
- Create and lead go-to-market plans for all product launches, including an integrated onsite marketing plan (promotions, sampling and strategic merchandising campaigns), partnering with Content Managers to develop a marketing content strategy as well as to coordinate and execute merchandising initiatives.
- Develop a roadmap for testing brand awareness initiatives that can scale both on- and off-site including sampling, social media, influencer marketing and display media campaigns. Manage any associated budget, tracking and optimization.
- Own key relationships with strategic cross-functional retail partners, building marketing initiatives and test plans to support mutual category and brand goals.
- Establish metrics, reporting, processes and benchmarks to measure overall program effectiveness that will inform our business strategy, reporting results to leadership and making recommendations to continuously learn and improve.
- Leverage customer insights where possible to improve our messaging and prioritize channel initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience in either online marketing or ecommerce.
- Demonstrated experience using data to measure performance, determine improvements, and create solutions, as well as experience with relevant tools (Excel and merchandising tools)
- Excellent communication skills and proven results with key decision makers
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and generate innovative solutions in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- High degree of proactive “hands-on” thinking and acting, with strong attention to details.
- Bachelor’s degree
- E-commerce marketing experience at a large retailer
- Experience in paid digital media marketing (social media, display advertising, SEM).
- Experience using tools for site merchandising, using appropriate reporting analytics to track performance.
- Experience communicating with and presenting to senior management
- Experience in the food and beverage industry
Job ID: 466294
Posted Date: 11/30/2016
Company: Amazon Retail LLC
Position Category: Marketing & PR