Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland, and Indiana.
Giant Eagle was previously named America’s Second Harvest Regional Retailer of the Year for its support of local food banks, and also actively supports numerous community events, the United Way, Children’s Hospital, Race For The Cure and other non-profit organizations. The company also has created education initiatives such as Apples For The Students, which has provided millions of dollars in computer equipment, software, and other classroom learning tools for local schools and the Be A Smart Shopper school nutrition program. Further information can be found at GiantEagle.com.
The Own Brands Manager will work with cross-functional teams to drive profitable growth of our Own Brand sales, profit, and market share. The efforts will support the overall merchandising category goals. The Own Brand Manager will oversee all phases of the product development process (idea to shelf) to ensure successful execution and achievement of desired product and financial results.
- Identify potential new items to introduce and forecast potential sales. Provide innovative product ideas to the merchants to help differentiate Giant Eagle from our competition.
- Work closely with merchandising, marketing and key suppliers to develop own brand business plans and promotional calendar. Monitor ongoing progress and course correct as necessary.
- Collaborate with sensory and merchandising on product testing and formulations.
- Effectively manage the product development calendar to meet deadlines.
- Monitor trends to ensure own brand products are aligned with the brand and with the customer.
- Meet on a regular basis with category teams to provide updates and seek input.
- Monitor performance of OB items (sales, retail and whole margins and penetration) to ensure they are meeting or exceeding sales and profit objectives; identify opportunities for improvement in financial results.
- Develop, execute and monitor comprehensive launch plans for own brands products within assigned categories.
- Create design briefs and provide outside design agency with key points to communicate.
- Review all packaging designs
- Calculate Total Cost of ownership (TCO) and encourage overall cost reductions.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \$5mm +
- Supervision of team members in one department
Education and Training Required
- Bachelors Degree Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance, Marketing
- 5 to 10 years
- Demonstrated successes in managing multiple projects, strong negotiation skills, ability to influence others, data mining & analysis, prior experience in retail or CPG environment.
- Fax Machine
Address: 101 Kappa Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Employment Status: Full Time
Reports To: Director, Marketing-Supermarket
Job Id: 77200BR