At The Vitamin Shoppe, we believe life is about so much more than living. It’s about thriving.
Whether your health and well-being or having a meaningful career you love, we exist to bring your best self to life!
We are looking a Senior Brand Manager (SBM), Private Brands, who will play an important role in our company’s mission to support our customers on their personal journey to better health and help The Vitamin Shoppe become famous for their Private Brands. The BM will support our mission through the development of Private Brand solutions that support an inspiring customer experience and drive brand preference.
The SBM is responsible for conceiving and commercializing branded solutions that deliver against customer needs, meet our brand guardrails and grow our brands to plan. The BM will manage a portfolio of brands across multiple categories.
The SBM will function as a key internal influencer/stakeholder as well as a liaison to external resources in performing the duties of their job.
The SBM will be measured on both strategic and economic goals that include customer satisfaction, brand/category growth, brand affinity, speed to market and execution excellence.
Our brand mantra is Inspire and Nourish. Thrive Every Day. At The Vitamin Shoppe we aspire to this for both our customers and the Health Enthusiasts who choose to work here.
Lead brand-building processes, ensuring PB Team’s efforts are aligned with portfolio strategy
- Create and champion brand strategy and brand building efforts for assigned brands and/or identify new white-space for branded offering
- Develop brand equity and ensure that all activation meets brand strategy
Lead the marketing planning process ensuring brand plans are aligned with our goals and objectives.
- Create a holistic marketing plan that accommodates the brands/categories/initiatives that he/she is responsible for, as well as consideration for the portfolio initiatives as a whole
- Leverage best-in-class marketing principles to lead PB marketing planning process
- Drive communication plan for creating overall enterprise alignment to our marketing plans
- Work with agency partners, or in-house team to ensure marketing strategy, communication strategy and execution are aligned with brand strategy
Direct development of long-term vision, business planning and strategies for key brands, working cross-functionally with their merchant partner other stakeholders.
- Drive Private Brand growth (sales, volume, profits) by applying knowledge of competitive set, consumer trends and business needs, both short and long-term
- Identification of the target consumers, understanding their needs and the development of an overarching category strategy, driving our key Private Brand strategies across the portfolio
Initiate, develop and engage teams in applying consumer/customer/shopper insights for key brands and categories
- Provide thought leadership that ensures insight is meaningful, validated and holistically grounded
- Work with research and insight partners to further our understanding of our customers
- Provide thought leadership for new and meaningful methodology to drive powerful insight
Fiscal management of marketing and brand budgets
- Lead budget planning for both marketing and brand management
- Ensure internal and external expenditures are accounted for and on-track based on budgeted numbers
- Develop scorecards and monitor progress for branded activity
Educate and communicate to cross-functional teams within and outside of Private Brands
- Private Brand vision, mission, strategies
- Alignment of Private Brand vision to VSI strategy
- Brand building process and brand tools
- Year-on-year Private Brand priorities and marketing plans
Other Functions: Limited out of town travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or equivalent combination of intellectual instruction. MBA is a plus.
- Supplement industry, consumable food and/or General Merchandise brand and product innovation.
- 5 – 7 years of brand management and management consulting experience with a professional services firm, retailer or CPG organization.
Skill and Ability:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficient in MS office software.