- Builds and achieves strategic objectives and initiatives to optimize lower prices
- Drives and improves supplier matrix development (approved list of suppliers for private brand production)
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
- Ensures business needs are being met
- Identifies and develops business opportunities for the Private Brand portfolio
- Manages the development of Private Brand products with other business areas (for example, Brand Marketing, Merchandising)
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Provides overall direction
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Selects and monitors suppliers for Private Brand programs
- Supports and facilitates cost negotiation with suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and 5 years experience in product management, merchandise buying, merchandise sourcing or related field OR 8 years experience in product management, merchandise buying, merchandise sourcing or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master of Business Administration degree.
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Type: Salary
As a most unique and forward-thinking retail employer, Sam’s Club helps our members live better by providing them great value on the things they need — both for their businesses and their homes. What makes Sam’s Club unique is the format we use to serve our customers. Our clubs give members access to a wide selection of large-volume items at value prices. Working at Sam’s Club means working behind the scenes of a unique retail operation. The decisions to best serve our members have a profound impact on millions of people. We pride ourselves on our progressive environmental practices and the ability to change with the times. We look for people who can think creatively, make smart decisions, and anticipate future trends in retailing.
Req ID: 702557BR