Job ID: 455247
Posted Date: 10/24/2016
Company: Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category: Project/Program/Product Management–Non-tech
Do you have a passion for products? Do you have proven analytical capabilities, exceptional communication, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If yes, we need you in the Private Label business.
The US Hardlines Private Label team is looking for a customer-obsessed Sr. Product Manager to help drive one of the most exciting categories at Amazon.com. In this role, you will be in charge of:
- Identifying new product development opportunities for our brands
- Developing and bringing to market new products
- Managing an existing business which is growing exponentially
- Designing and implementing new processes to help scale our business
The ideal candidate should be passionate about products, have strong product development and process design skills as well as outstanding project management abilities. He should also feel comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working in a very entrepreneurial environment. The Sr. Product Manager should be able to interact with and influence multiple teams across the organization (US and global).
Traits of success:
- Understand market trends and build business cases for new product opportunities
- Manage product lifecycle from ideation through commercialization.
- Be a smart, hard-working and creative person who loves products, loves solving difficult problems and “getting it done.”
- Be comfortable collaborating and influencing team members including retail, sourcing, legal, patent, social compliance and product compliance.
- Be responsible for building and executing on new initiatives and roadmaps each year
- Partner with country teams to launch products globally
- Have the technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams.
- 3+ years in product management and/or project management is required
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline
- Proficiency in Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- MBA preferred
- Experience within a consumer goods/retail company, especially vendor management, instock management and/or marketing management
- Competence with SQL (basic queries)
- Ability to manage multiple projects – work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
- Exceptional communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in e-commerce