Leads the development, management, documentation and execution of all aspects of hard goods product development including brand building, line development, strategic sourcing and financial performance. Responsible for interacting with senior management and cross-functional partners to grow the private brand business to achieve company goals evaluated by sales, margin and tum improvement.
- Strong strategic vision with an ability to combine industry knowledge with marketplace and competitive trends to create commercially viable new products while achieving financial goals.
- Direct and manage brand growth and profitability targets while identifying unique product offerings that achieve customer relevance and market differentiation. Control style count with brands and ensure that all new products are appropriately placed and positioned within the brands.
- Excellent financial acumen with a track record of providing sales, margin and turn improvements on private brand product.
- Ability to drive sales volume, margin and turn for $330 million hard goods business across broad categories, including, but not limited to, camping, hunting, fishing, sporting goods, fitness equipment and golf equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others throughout the organization to champion new ideas and action plans.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Lead and manage the development of team members by setting clear objectives, providing ongoing performance feedback and evaluating career potential. Able to manage multiple projects and overlapping timetables with a superior level of organizational and project management skills to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes and regulatory/safety requirements that govern product industry.
- 15+ years management experience with proven track record in developing hardlines specific products and leading a complex product development timetable.
- Past experience in worldwide and strategic sourcing a must, including extensive overseas travel.
- Capabilities in market analytics, merchandise planning and product development.
- A results oriented team player who leads by example, holds, themselves accountable to performance, takes ownership and champions the private brand development process.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Category: Product Design & Development
Posting: Store Support Center
Job Number: 16000BD1