Dedicated to understanding the needs of its customers, ALDI released new survey results today revealing just how much parents spend each month to provide the very best for their little ones. The responses were telling, with almost half of parents indicating that they spend more than $200 a month on diapers and formula alone. The results come on the heels of the recent Little Journey private brand launch, the grocer’s first exclusive line of baby products which hit ALDI shelves nationwide last month. With award-winning baby changing and feeding essentials, including organic puree pouches in a dozen varieties, parents who choose ALDI for their baby essentials can save up to 50% on their grocery bills.
“Since the launch of Little Journey, the response from parents and caregivers alike has been overwhelmingly positive,” said Liz Ruggles, director of marketing, ALDI and a mom. “They are thrilled they can now find quality baby changing and feeding essentials in one easy location, all at a fraction of the cost.”
With Little Journey poised to help parents save big on their monthly changing and feeding needs, ALDI wanted to better understand the spending habits of today’s busy parents. The grocer conducted a survey of 1,000 moms and dads in the US with kids under the age of three to find out what everyday baby items parents spend the most on:
- 72% of parents said they spend more on diapers than on date nights every month.
- 40%of parent’s report spending more than $80 on diapers every month.
- 60% of parents report spending at least $120 on formula every month.
- 59% are open to trying new products that claim to work as well as national brands and cost 50% less.
Overall, the survey findings showed that by switching to Little Journey-brand products, parents could save more than $1,200 per year:
- Nearly a quarter of parents could expect to save upwards of $400 annually on diapers.
- 33% of parents who purchase formula, one of the biggest baby costs, could save as much as $720 a year.
- To make snack time even tastier, parents who purchase Little Journey infant-to-toddler snacks, like Yogurt Bites, Puffs and Little Munchers® baked corn snacks, can expect to save $110 a year.
Passionate about providing real-life solutions to help tackle whatever life brings – or spits up – ALDI also introduced its first Little Journey Parenting Panel. Teaming up with a group of parenting pros, together ALDI and the Little Journey Parent Panel will provide useful first-hand tips, tricks and truths to help today’s busy parents. The new panel includes four online parenting and lifestyle experts:
- Blogger Audrey McClelland, founder of com
- Vloggers Austin and Brittany Null of The Nive Nulls
- Blogger Joni Lay, author of Lay Baby Lay blog
“With Little Journey, ALDI is making it really easy for parents to give their little ones the best products and the best care, all at a great price,” said Audrey McClelland, founder of MomGenerations.com and a mother of five. “With five kids, we’re constantly on the go, so I’m obsessed with the organic pouches! They’re made with the best ingredients, and I can easily pop them in my diaper bag for a quick, healthy snack.”
With 10 kids ranging in age from six months to 11 years old between them, the Little Journey Parent Panel members have seen it all, lived to tell the tale, and are here to help other ALDI parents do the same. Visit aldi.us/littlejourney to learn more about the Little Journey Parent Panel and check out their parenting advice.