Canadian retailer Shoppers Drug Mart continues to innovate with their Quo beauty private brand with multiple promotions, layered events, and innovative new SKUs and line extensions to keep the brand relevant and fresh. Quo, a 500+ SKU brand was prominently featured in the Be Bold with Beauty event, held August 13th-September 9th. The Be Bold with Beauty event covered multiple brands and focused on the hottest beauty trends and must-have looks for fall. In-store signage, beauty advisor recommendations, online tips, contests, and in ad communications created a 360 marketing effort for this beauty event. beboldwithbeauty.ca
Quo’s newest innovations included:
- You. Lipstick offering for a cause. $2 from each lip balm goes to a Women’s Health charity. The 3 shades of lipsticks were beautifully packaged in metallic red finish with Love. You. printed in English and French on each side. The counter display induced an impulse to buy…. it was a must-have at $7.99 CDN!
- A bold and bright color 3 SKU collection with a painters’ palette of eye colors, a makeup brush kit, and a cell phone purse. A limited edition that is fun for all ages.
- A mini collection called Petite Beauté – perfect for on the go or back to school beauty mavens. The pretty pink and black French inspired package design and case included a mini eye liner, lip crayon, eye shadow and mascara for $30.00 CDN. Paris anyone?
- Quo has a partnership with the Orly brand for lashes and nail polish. Featured in the weekend flyer, if you Buy 2 you Get 1500 Bonus Points in the Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum program. You can go online for creative tutorials of different nail looks.
- A featured item in the Quo brand online was a trio of makeup blending sponges for a flawless finish. These sponges are bright and bold and mimic a high-end version. Sold individually as well, this special pre-pack sold for $12.99 CDN.
While it is not easy to logistically manage a 500+ SKU brand, Shoppers Drug Mart continues to execute with excellence in product development and promotions to keep the brand relevant to beauty consumers. They remain true to the brand positioning and add excitement through limited edition collections. A best in class effort.