PB CAREERS: Shopko – Divisional Private Brand Manager
The Product Manager drives the profitable growth of our private brand or label business through innovative, trend correct and competitively differentiated product. Leads the design and packaging teams in the development of product for assigned private brands and private labels. Partners with the merchant teams to develop product that compliments national brand assortments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads the creative and technical design of all product
- Meets or exceeds the annual budget for private brand sales and margin
- Provide direction to design teams to develop trend correct product.
- Maintain the integrity of each private brand/label
- Effectively manages the product development calendar to meet deadlines
- Manages sourcing and bookings
- Collaborate with merchant teams to develop product that fills a gap in the assortment and meets prescribed financial objectives.
- Negotiates pricing and delivery with vendors
- Monitors trends to ensure private branded or labeled products are aligned with the brand/label and with the customer.
- Provide direction and guidance to merchant teams regarding trends
- Lead seasonal line review meetings
Minimum Knowledge, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- S. or B.A. in retail, business management or equivalent work experience.
- 5 plus years in product management or buying.
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and incorporate trends
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Respectful and outstanding leadership skills that motivates staff to exceed expectations
- Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals
- Ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes
- Proven ability to lead a proactive retail organization and ensure accountability for results that maximize contribution to business objectives
We are a growing company with plans to add more stores over the next two years. We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at www.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.
Location Address; 700 Pilgrim Way
City: Green Bay