PB CAREERS: Walmart – Design Manager Private Brands
Merchandising and Global Sourcing
- Manages packaging design projects by initiating and analyzing industry research and analysis; collaborating with cross-functional teams (for example, Merchandising, Marketing) to prioritize and execute project objectives; providing business objectives and design briefings to vendors (for example, creative agencies); managing priorities to ensure time, cost and quality goals are achieved; identifying and communicating timeline constraints (for example, production effort, product timing, prototype construction time); collaborating with key stakeholders (for example, Merchandising, Marketing) and leadership to identify and resolve design issues; managing vendor relationships and providing feedback to the vendors; and maintaining design alignment with brand standards, guidelines, and business goals.
- Manages the implementation of the design strategy under the guidance of senior design management by translating design goals and industry insights into packaging concepts; keeping up-to-date on industry trends, best practices, and the competitive landscape; provide guidance to Merchandising on design equity for the different brands within Private Brands; collaborating with cross-functional partners (for example, Marketing, Merchandising, agencies) to influence the development of design strategies; understanding the capabilities of design production and the impact on business goals and objectives (for example, impact of package design on sales); and partnering with management to help identify opportunities for new processes and packaging opportunities.
- Conceptualizes and develops design brief content for packaging design initiatives and projects by creating design- and feature-oriented messaging and requirements in order to support prototype development; sharing expertise across cross-functional stakeholders (for example, Merchandising, Marketing); researching industry standards and trends; providing packaging design subject matter expertise to key stakeholders (for example, Merchandising, Marketing); collaborating with key stakeholders (for example, Merchandising, Marketing) to finalize development of packaging design requirements and approve packaging design prototypes; communicating design briefs and prototype feedback to creative agencies and cross functional leadership; and validating on-brand consistency.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Design, Business, or related field and 3 years’ experience in packaging design, developing creative briefs, marketing, or related field OR 5 years’ experience in packaging design, developing creative briefs, marketing, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 5 years’ experience in design.
- 5 years’ experience in print and packaging.
- 5 years’ experience in identity design.
- 5 years’ experience in brand building.
- 5 years’ experience with Microsoft Office suite (for example, Excel, PowerPoint), Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- 5 years retail private brand experience.
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Type: Salary
Req ID: 641012BR