Job ID: 376832
Location: US-NY-New York
Posted Date: 5/15/2016
Company: Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category: Project/Program/Product Management–Non-tech
Amazon is looking for a passionate, industry veteran, with the proven ability to create credible fashion assortments and establish a strong point of view to lead the product and merchandising strategy for one or more brands within Softlines Private Label. Ideally, the successful candidate will leverage experience and established relationships in the fashion space to build a strong team of product merchants who will build strong product assortments. The ideal candidate will grow the business by initiating supplier relationships, negotiating contracts, recommending promotions, and monitoring and reacting to industry trends. Responsibilities include driving units, revenue, and margin growth along with the day to day management of supplier management and merchandising. The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader, leading by example, and encouraging buyers to take risks and innovate while driving accountability. He/she will be a thoughtful, high-energy, self-starter, with strong business acumen, acute analytical skills, and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex problems. This individual will thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
- Build recommended product assortments that reflect the preferences of a specific consumer segment, considering price, quality, visual aesthetic, lifestyle and other factors.
- Enable suppliers to maximize sales on the Amazon platform via a consultative approach, using data trends to drive engagement and product innovation
- Manage and develop a team of strong product merchants/brand managers representing multiple categories
- Aggressively grow the business by driving and implementing strategic initiatives to reach company’s financial goals
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key supplier and supply chain partners.
- Collaborate with departments across organization to improve tools and productivity
- Must be willing to travel internationally, frequently.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience in retail and/or e-‐commerce leadership, specifically buying and merchandising.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving business performance in the Fashion industry
- Experience managing a team of seasoned buyers and/or merchants representing multiple categories
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to successfully build the right product assortments, having experience in a leading fashion vertical or national branded retailer.
- Strong product sensibility in both basic and fast-fashion segments, and ability to identify and capitalize on current trends
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead the organization through seasonal merchandise planning and track record of executing or exceeding that plan
- The ability to understand and influence the visual merchandising process, including all marketing processes
- Proven negotiation skills and experience with vendor management
- Strong numeric and analytic aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude with web-based tools and intermediate to advanced proficiency of the Microsoft Office Suite
- BA/BS required, MBA preferred
- MBA preferred
- Work experience in national branded or vertical fashion retailer.