The Sports Authority has retained Hilco Streambank as its agent to market and sell its intellectual property assets including its brands and trademarks, patents and web and customer assets The retailer is currently operating as a Debtor under Chapter 11 in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
Sports Authority is a household name in the sporting goods industry, with a history that extends back almost 100 years. As of 2015, the retailer operated over 400 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as the ecommerce website SportsAuthority.com. In 2015, Sports Authority generated over $2.5 Billion in sales revenue, including more than $250 Million in revenue through e-commerce and other digital sales channels.
The Sports Authority’s offerings included merchandise from leading national brands such as Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Wilson and Coleman, as well as product bearing the Company’s exclusive private brands such as: Tommy Armour, Bodyfit by Sports Authority, Parkside Style, Alpine Design, Ram, bloom and Slalom; among others. The Company’s private brands generated more than $170 Million in sales in 2015. With its comprehensive product mix, the Sports Authority is known as the destination for All Things Sporting Good.
The retailer is currently soliciting interest from buyers interested in acquiring all or some of the Assets. A virtual data room has been established for access to due diligence information. Initial bids for the Assets are requested by June 23, 2016.
SUMMARY OF ASSETS
- Sports Authority® (Registered in the US and in foreign countries)
- Private Brands including:
- Tommy Armour Golf®
- Alpine Design®
- Aspire Style®
- Bodyfit by Sports Authority®
- Ram Golf®
- S A Gear®and Design
Domain Names & Website Platform
- 628 Registered Domain Names Including
- SportsAuthority.com URL
- More than 111 Million visits in 2014
- More than 126 Million visits in 2015
- Total customer list consisting of approximately 114 Million customer files
- Approximately 25 Million Opt-In E-mail Addresses
Royalty Rewards Program – The League
- Over 28,500,000 total members
- 4 Million new members in 2015
- Average basket size of $57.83 for in-store transactions
- Average basket size of $67.83 for online transactions
- $207.3MM revenue for FY2015
- $146.2MM revenue for FY2014
- Over 2 Million Web orders for FY2015
- Over 1.4 Million Web orders for FY2014
Stadium Naming Rights
Sports Authority Field at Mile High – Home of the Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos
DILIGENCE & SALE PROCESS
Access to the Virtual Data Room will be provided upon execution of a non-disclosure agreement.
The Assets will be sold through a Bankruptcy Court approved sale process and transferred subject to a Bankruptcy Court order.
Interested parties should contact the following Hilco Streambank representatives for more information.
Initial bids must be submitted by Monday, June 27th, at 5:00PM Eastern Standard Time.