PB CAREERS: Macy’s – VP, Product- Alfani
Provide leadership to Macy’s by driving and managing the Private Brand business. Manage and lead MMG product team in Private Brand line development. Responsible for development and execution of the overall strategy, including strategic planning, sales, margin and marketing direction of the brand.
Sales / Margin:
- Manage merchandise performance overall for the entire FOB.
- Generate support of the line and financial plans by gathering product performance input from divisions, sharing line development and direction, and promoting the assortments.
- Identify, communicate and drive sales and gross margin of key items for the entire FOB.
- Lead the product team in identifying merchandising trends, opportunities, new vendors and communicating to the divisions.
- Lead review and analysis of division’s performance on a fob level inclusive of the department, class and item basis.
- Lead and direct product team in all line development activities and interactions.
- Lead the product team in management of the divisional placements and tracking of all shipment dollars.
- Manage information flow between the entire product team and the divisions.
- Lead in development of overall financial plan for FOB, including sales targets and merchandising strategy.
- Set the direction and strategy for the private brands for the FOB.
- Lead in the planning, sign-off and execution of private label programs and style plans for the FOB.
- Lead in the execution of departmental budget, shipment, and EBIT plans for the FOB.
Human Resources Management:
- Responsible for VP job training requirements as well as job training for all direct reports.
- Provide leadership, management and development of staff.
- Responsible for succession planning for all direct reports and staff.
- Provide leadership to divisions through business expertise – act as the expert for the product category.
- Partner with HR on recruitment of talent.
Sales / Margin:
- Develop strong working relationship with division’s vendor community.
- Collaborate with the vendors on Macy’s initiatives to improve assortments.
- Monitor merchandise performance overall (programs, key items, sales, margins.)
- Lead strategic vendor negotiations on large re-orders, corporate policies, corporate books/events, and margin issues and for appropriate shop funding, advertising and visual support.
- Lead in providing solutions and taking action to address issues across divisions.
- Shop/pre-screen market.
- Lead in identifying assortment opportunities and merchandising trends.
- Review and approve selection of key items and big ideas, including recommended buys and projected sales volume and penetration percent.
- Communicate to divisions the merchandising strategies.
- Lead divisions in private brand assortment and quantity decisions.
- Lead all GMM Meetings.
- Lead DMM Seasonal Strategy Meeting.
- Review and approve Alert Reports.
- Develop the 3-year Sales Plans, including private label at the department and vendor level and the seasonal private brands and monthly receipt plans at the department and vendor level.
- Write seasonal market strategies and present to the Senior Executives.
- Develop targets based on market strategies for seasonal top line plans and core vendor plans. Identify opportunities/liabilities and partners with divisions to develop plans.
- Write seasonal FOB strategies with Planner.
- Challenge division plans based on corporate strategic direction and business opportunities.
- Prepare for store visits by providing analysis and strategy information.
- Identify business opportunities/liabilities and write Principal Cards.
- Oversee writing of Store Cards. Collaborate with division to review issues/actions being addressed.
- Oversee development of style matrix and approved vendor list. Finalizes written strategy. Communicate with divisions and vendor community to obtain buy-in and markdown support.
- Participate in seasonal Brand Strategy meeting and annual P&L Strategy meetings.
- Lead product teams in development of line plans at the program, classification and style level.
- Lead product team in seeking new merchandise ideas, analyzing competitor activity and pricing strategies, and identifying assortment opportunities and product trends.
- Communicate regularly on a strategic level with each division to gather input and share line development direction.
- Approve program and style plans prior to Line Previews and Buy Meetings.
- Provide strategic direction to private label line development.
- Lead the private brand team in all marketing efforts to build and support the brand.
- Partner with marketing on development of marketing plans and marketing campaigns to support private brand assortments.
- Partner with MMG Marketing and Visual on all visual needs for private brand.
- Lead in preparation and product selection for corporate book/events.
- Ensure merchandise strategies are executed on the store level.
- Responsible for the brand integrity and promotion.
Human Resources Management:
- Provide regular feedback on performance and conducts counseling, PA and LPR sessions.
- Participate in MMG HR and department recruiting activities.
- Responsible for partnering with HR on resolving any personnel issues and conflicts.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven ability to lead/manage a team.
- DMM, or equivalent level experience.
- Buying experience w/ Department store and P&L responsibility
- Strong negotiating and managerial skills.
- Proficient in PC operation, MS Office, and Excel.
- Language Skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Possess excellent analytical and strategic skills.
- Work Hours:
- Ability to travel within /outside of the country.
Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York- NY
Job: Product Management
Job Number: PRI01263