Home Depot – Director Private Brand Strategy
GA – Atlanta
POSITION PURPOSE –
The Director of Private Brand Strategy provides total financial leadership, direction and analysis to the executive leadership team by driving functional financial metrics, controlling costs, and working closely with the Senior Vice President, Global Brands & Product Development and Vice President Finance in order to achieve goals and add shareholder value for The Home Depot’s growing Private Brands business This person will be the key driver of the Strategic, Operating, and Resource Planning process.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES –
- Conducts financial planning and forecasting for the functional area.
- Conducts Pro-Forma Financial Analysis.
- Develops and executes cost controls.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities to drive profitability and develops improvement strategies. Responsible for appropriate selection, performance appraisals, termination and professional development of assigned staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE – Typically reports to the Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis and Functional Leader Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues – including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS –
Located in a comfortable indoor area.
Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE – 8
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Financial planning and analysis experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting Principles and Practices.
- Business Planning/Strategy Setting experienc.
- Budgeting, Financial Planning and Financial Modeling skills. Knowledge of International Business and Finance.
- Ability to Interact with all levels of associates.
Date Posted: Apr 25, 2016
Functional Area: Finance/Acctng/Treasury/Investor Relations
Company: The Home Depot
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No