Job ID 1048578BR
Date posted 05/19/2016
Location Mooresville, NC
Location Name CSC-Mooresville
Address 1000 Lowes Boulevard
Employment Type I Regular
Employment Type II Full-Time
Line of Business Corporate
Department 0140 – Brand Mgmt-Home Decor
The principle purpose of the Brand Manager is to advance the strategic role of private brands to deliver financial, brand and customer satisfaction objectives. The Brand Manager will partner with cross-functional leadership to develop a compelling portfolio of brands and labels that align with business requirements.
The Brand Manager will have primary responsibility for developing the allen + roth brand and a portfolio of other décor brands. This position will develop brand strategies, marketing plans and consumer-facing messaging. This includes program performance analysis, competitive assessments, development of customer insights and working with cross-functional teams to deliver Private Brand programs. This position will manage an individual contributor responsible for supporting the brand team.
In a highly matrixed environment, this position will work closely with Merchandising, Product Design and Development, International Merchandising, Quality Assurance and Marketing to define strategies and execution plans.
This position will have a significant impact on the assigned brands and the overall company. To accomplish this, the Brand Manager must have broad brand management knowledge with a strong understanding of retail business.
- Develops, Aligns, and Executes Brand Strategies
- Establishes and manages business priorities and strategies
- Manages short and long-term planning through private brand blueprints
- Executes brand development initiatives
- Leads the customer-facing expression of assigned brands (in-store, online, collateral materials, etc.)
- Manages brand standards and guidelines
- Leads brand-packaging design/development
- Primary liaison with cross-functional teams (i.e. Product Design & Development, Merchandising, Global Sourcing, Marketing seasonal leads, etc.) to deliver the private brand strategy and objectives
Brand and Product Management
- Develop and synthesize consumer and competitive insight/intelligence and advance Lowe’s knowledge of the marketplace and competitive environment and implications for assigned brands as inputs for category strategy development
- Guide product design and merchandising in scoping, prioritization of brand opportunities, and development of new products to be launched under assigned brands (for internally designed products under priority brands)
- Provide brand guidance and standards for vendor designed products under assigned brands
- Drives the development of tactical plans aligned with Private Brands and business strategy in order to bring the vision into realization
- Uses a critical eye to examine and streamline work flows and processes within the team, to increase efficiency
- Develops short-term and long-term plans for Private Brands and Marketing
- Drives innovation across the team using a deep understanding of how the development of private brands works within the organization
- Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the marketplace by seeking out and learning about changes in the field
- Drives projects and tasks to completion through teams, regardless of changing conditions, by coaching and developing Marketing Specialists to develop their marketing and brand management skills, building bench strength for the Marketing organization
- Aligns the team’s time and effort on projects that are critical to Marketing’s success
- Delegates the right tasks and decisions to the people who are in the best position to execute them
- Provides open feedback and mentorship to team members to encourage growth and greater responsibility
- Hires, trains and develops the talent necessary to achieve stated objectives providing meaningful development opportunities for individuals in preparation for succession planning
- Negotiates effectively for the organization with internal and external stakeholders and builds relationships with key individuals necessary for collaboration
- Develops and presents communications, frequently to senior leadership, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate level, for the right recipient
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in business with five years of brand management experience
- 3+ years of experience building, managing and growing brands in a retail environment or consumer goods organization
- 3+ years of experience leading teams to deliver business objectives
- Experience creating or managing a portfolio of brands
- Leadership experience in retail private brand management
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 16 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico through its stores and online at Lowes.com, Lowes.ca and Lowes.com.mx. With fiscal year 2015 sales of $59.1 billion, Lowe’s has more than 1,855 home improvement and hardware stores and 270,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.