PB CAREERS: Supervalu Private Brands Regulatory Manager
Primary Location: Minnesota-Hopkins
Provide regulatory guidance to maintain compliance with FDA and USDA labeling regulations for all Supervalu Private Brand products. This position is responsible for managing the current regulatory program and implementing strategic enhancements to assure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations through Supervalu’s manufacturing partners. This position requires the individual to keep current on applicable regulations of a changing regulatory environment.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensures that all product labels developed for the Supervalu Private Brands group are legally compliant for ingredient listing statements, nutritional content, marketing terminology, and provides recommendations for compliance options.
- Conducts regulatory research and provides support to ensure products meet regulatory requirements, including implementation of new label regulatory requirements.
- Assess and grade manufacturing partner regulatory resources; develop streamline regulatory compliance model that minimizes risk.
- Partners with regulatory agencies, product suppliers, Supervalu internal resources and regulatory industry professionals to stay current on regulatory issues with food and non-food products.
- Makes pro-active recommendations for Private Brand items with reference to pending regulatory requirements.
- Ensure Prop 65 compliance for Private Brand products sold in California.
- Reacts to regulatory non-compliance issues; working with internal and external partners to amend the compliance issue.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Chemistry, Food Science, or related field preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in applying regulations to food labeling required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory labeling requirements for FDA and USDA and nutrition labeling.
- Must have the ability to represent the Company’s interests to outside professionals and vendors
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Excellent analytical, technical writing and math skills.
- Ability to track, research and interpret federal regulations, and to make decisions impacting product compliance.
- Solid personal computer skills including the use of spreadsheet and word processing software.
Why Work for Supervalu?
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of almost 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has about 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we’ve been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.