PB CAREERS: The Vitamin Shoppe – Package Designer
At The Vitamin Shoppe, we believe life is about so much more than living. It’s about thriving. Whether it’s about your health and well-being or having a meaningful career you love, we exist to bring your best self to life!
We are looking a Package Designer who will play an important role in our company’s mission to support our customers on their personal journey to better health, and help The Vitamin Shoppe become famous for their Private Brands. As a member of the creative team, the Package Designer will support our mission through the development of Private Brand package design solutions for a total branded portfolio that supports an inspiring customer experience and drives brand preference.
In addition to someone who has great energy and a positive attitude, we’re seeking a talented designer who is able to work in a fluid and fast-paced retail environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously. This individual must be current with packaging trends and have an interest in applying insights and customer research in design.
- Create package design solutions based on the objectives outlined in the creative brief provided by cross-functional team partners.
- Apply knowledge of best in class customer-centric package design principles
- Prepare work for presentation, design comps and print production
- Approve or provide guidance to third party print vendors.
- Work collaboratively with other designers, photographers, illustrators, copywriters, traffic managers, external agencies and other cross-functional partners
- Have an understanding of brand style sheets and packaging templates
- Maintain a drive to stay inquisitive and curious, explore trends and apply inspiration to the work
- Demonstrate a working knowledgeable of the complete package design and development processes.
- Deliver all phases of work within established packaging timelines and budgets.
- Deliver on-strategy solutions that meet the objectives of our brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
- Understand Mac OSX application for use in graphics and design…including Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Has a good understanding of layout, solid grasp of typography and intrinsic sense of color. Has knowledge of four-color printing process, and are able to pre-flight, collect files and archive materials.
- 3-5years graphic design experience with a focus on package design
Skill and Ability:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage own workload.
- Ability to work on a project deadline basis.
- Ability to organize data for clear presentation; have an ability to work with layout design and changes.
- Attention to details (e.g., pricing, ingredient levels and spelling, etc.).