Charlotte, NC, United States
Job Id#: 10237
Date published: 28-Apr-2016
Assist with the designing, developing and executing package designs that achieve Belk’s Private Brand objectives, and overall brand strategy. Participate in research and development of trends and ensure that designs meet internal goals, assortment strategies, price points, and overall creative direction. Design and manage brand identities for private brands. Partner with Product Management, Li & Fung, Vendors, Internal departments [including: studio, visual and advertising] to insure that all private brand identity is consistent in all forms of presentation.
- Help design and manage packaging and all style guides for private brands.
- Assist in the creation of logos, boxes, hangtags and signage for all areas.
- Coordinate with all areas in design from start to finish on all variations of packaging.
- Help review proofs from vendors with extended product teams.
- Maintain standards and quality on all packaging.
- Approve all packaging from internal and external departments and vendors.
- Track workflow and follow up on outstanding evaluations
- Participate as a member of the Private Brand team with internal departments on all aspects of our brands.
- Strong Verbal and written skills.
- BS/BA or related degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art or related field.
- Demonstrated creative ability.
- Knowledge of design and product development processes.
- Presentation and organizational skills.
- Proven design expertise in a given category.
- Commercial sense and market knowledge.
- Strong listening skills and experience assimilating product feedback.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated proactive thinking and problem solving ability; team player.
- Ability to research and apply market/trend information.
- Pc Skill, working knowledge of design related computer system i.e Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel.
Reports Directly to: Package Design Manager