- Provides general and area-specific technical support to the Private Brand team by developing and maintaining relationships with other internal and external resources; responding to product inquiries (for example, nutrition, performance criteria, food safety); advising other business areas (for example, Sourcing, Quality) regarding product development (for example, supplier selection, product and packaging specifications, evaluation parameters, member needs); developing product specifications; and ensuring that appropriate tolerances are incorporated into product specifications which balance member needs with manufacturing constraints.
- Contributes to the Product Development infrastructure by identifying and recommending infrastructure tools (for example, facilities, product evaluation protocols) and improvements; and identifying and engaging companies to perform services (for example, laboratory, consumer testing, sensory resources).
- Manages the development of Private Brand products by collaborating and communicating with other business areas (for example, Brand Management, suppliers) to create products; identifying and addressing technical and consumer drivers of category success; identifying nutritional and quality standards for categories; establishing product and category priorities; identifying and allocating product development resources; planning, executing, and monitoring product development projects; and ensuring products and categories meet company goals (for example, profits, sales, market share, customer experience) and brand identity.
- Participates in strategic product development plans by assisting with the development of short and long-term plans; collaborating with other business areas (for example, Merchandising) regarding plans; ensuring plans meet Private Brands objectives; and initiating, coordinating, conducting, and evaluating research and analyses to identify product quality and performance standards.
- Identifies and develops business opportunities for the Private Brand portfolio by monitoring and evaluating competitor and industry products; analyzing the Private Brand portfolio; recognizing, analyzing, and prioritizing product opportunities; communicating technical, regulatory, performance, and consumer product opportunities to the Private Brand team and suppliers; supporting business opportunities into brand and category planning; and collaborating with Consumer Insights to test products.
- Coordinates senior management presentations by preparing professional and creative product presentations; and organizing and planning meetings.
- Develops timeline by collaborating with cross-functional teams (Brand Marketing, Merchandising); coordinating product development; and negotiating product specifications with Buying team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field AND 5 years experience in product development or related field OR 8 years experience in product development or related field
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Type: Salary
Req ID: 608560BR