Each product in the line costs less than $10. Additionally, the hair care products meet the company’s stringent standards for beauty and personal care products, which has led the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics to name Whole Foods Market “the leading national retailer” in personal care product safety.
“In the past, customers had to choose between hair care products that were free of harmful ingredients, but did not perform very well, or salon-quality products that possibly contained less-desirable ingredients,” said Brenda Peterson, beauty product developer for Whole Foods Market’s store brands. “But now, we’re thrilled to offer our customers great, plant-based hair care at a fraction of the price.”
Products from the Whole Foods Market store brand line include:
- Moisturizing Shampoo or Conditioner— Keep locks weightlessly moisturized with botanically based, salon-quality formulations featuring chestnut extract, argan oil and shea butter. Lightly scented with a custom bergamot blend.
- Volumizing Shampoo or Conditioner— Give tresses a boost with Tilia tomentosa, and quinoa protein in botanically based, salon-quality formulations to pump up the volume and nourish the scalp. Lightly scented with rosemary.
- Color Preserve Shampoo or Conditioner— Protect color treatments with plant extracts and pea and quinoa proteins in botanically based, salon-quality formulations to reduce color fading and maintain color retention. Lightly scented with a custom bergamot blend.
- Perfect Shine Spray— Argan oil provides a healthy shine and frizz control, without the use of silicones.
- Moisture Balance Volumizing Hairspray— Quinoa protein and chestnut extract provide exceptional strength and volume.
- Medium Hold Styling Gel— Baobab seed protein reinforces strands to give hair added strength, protection and nourishment.
- Weightless Hold Styling Mousse— Baobab protein nourishes with amino acids and gives hair shine, strength and protection.
For a list of unacceptable ingredients in Whole Foods Market’s Premium Body Care standards, visit: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/premium-body-care-unacceptable-ingredients.