Amazon – Content Manager – Private Label
Job ID: 388543
Posted Date: 3/13/2016
Company: Amazon Retail LLC
Position Category: Marketing & PR
Private Label is a fast-growing business at Amazon, focused on providing our customers with high-quality products at low prices. We look for talented, enthusiastic people who are excited about growing our ever-expanding selection of products, helping customers to easily find those products online as quickly and as easily as possible. We encourage and foster new ideas and strategies, using the customer point of view as our guide. Candidates must be successful both as individual contributors and in a team environment, and must be obsessed with serving the customer.
The Amazon Hardlines Private Brands team is looking for an enthusiastic, creative site merchandiser to help grow our business by using innovative merchandising techniques and providing commanding product information. To this end, the successful candidate will ensure thorough and authoritative product page coverage, including basic product information, detailed technical specifications, comprehensive descriptions, first-rate editorial reviews, and any other information which customers may need in order to make a purchasing decision. Additionally, this merchandiser will plan and schedule content across the site, analyze metrics, and report on performance to our product teams. The site merchandiser will be detail-oriented and extremely organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, able to take direction, be thick-skinned and professional, capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly-changing priorities, and comfortable working with teams, vendors, and management.
Besides having first-class written and verbal communication skills, this site merchandiser will be able to ruthlessly prioritize to meet deadlines, manage expectations and dependencies, and be able to see and show results with data. Technical requirements include Excel and plus the ability to learn our in-house tools quickly.
The candidate will have at least five years experience with online merchandising or Web Publishing and will be innovative, motivated, self-directed, and willing to help product managers and planners synthesize business objectives into rapidly and flawlessly executed top-notch online merchandising.
- Plan, coordinate and execute merchandising initiatives
- Write strong copy, including irresistible calls-to-action for targeted audiences
- Analyze performance of content and email, always seeking ways to improve
- Work with product managers and creative teams to create on-brand, and best-in-class content
- Analyze traffic patterns and optimize for seasonality, relevance, and selection
- Drive site improvements to completion by coordinating with project managers, web developers, buyers, designers, and other merchandisers.
- 4+ years demonstrable experience in an online marketing/merchandising field
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Excellent documentation skills and workflow management
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline
- Relentless customer focus
- Familiarity with SQL, HTML, XML, Photoshop, and general office software.
- Experience working with textiles