JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers, and we’re dedicated to fitting the diversity of America with unparalleled style and value. Working at JCPenney gives you the opportunity to help create meaningful experiences for the millions who shop at our more than 1,000 stores and jcp.com. We’re looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.
The Sr Marketing Manager, – Private Brands will help lead the development of brand strategy and activation around key JCP Private brands such as Arizona, Xersion, and Ambrielle. This leader will help lead the delivery of strong integrated strategy & activation to help build brand awareness and activation, as well act drive strong private brand stewardship across the organization. The position reports to the Sr. Director of Marketing Strategy & Integrated Communication.
- Spearhead the development of brand positioning, strategy, and communication platforms for key private brands that will fuel long term growth.
- Partner with JCP customer insights & research teams to ensure strong foundational learning is in place that gets to compelling insights.
- Lead and manage cross functional teams comprised of agency partners and internal team in the execution of integrated marketing plans that support private brands.
- Manage all elements of assigned Private brand projects and programs to ensure exemplary execution and project implementation, budgeting, estimating, expense control, scheduling and meeting of due dates.
- Manage the integration of key Marketing initiatives and oOversees how private brands are incorporated into key JCP seasonal/holiday efforts, cause marketing, and other enterprise wide initiatives.
- Collaborate with Merchant and Design teams to help ensure private brand positioning/strategy is expressed through product design and merchandising.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing preferred.
- 5-7 years of integrated marketing and brand strategy experience with demonstrated experience in managing agencies and developing integrated marketing/media plans.
- Demonstrated in ability to think strategically and leading complex initiatives.
- Strong project management is a prerequisite, as is experience in working with cross-functional management teams.
- Proven ability to interface effectively and comfortably with associates at all levels of the organization utilizing project management ability and the aptitude to work with and negotiate with other departments.
- Demonstrated ability implementing programs through effective use of communication skills in formal and informal settings.
- Strong problem -solving skills and the ability to work in a fast paced, environment, but can manage to the bigger picture.
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401 (k) Savings Plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.