Job #: 97819
GA – Atlanta
Position Purpose: The Packaging Designer position will support the Packaging Manager for specific private label packaging across The Home Depot enterprise. Responsibilities include executing packaging design projects to deliver departmental strategic objectives. Major tasks in this assignment include project facilitation and consistent interpretation of brand creative direction across multiple brands for seasonal, core and promotional initiatives. Communication, prioritization and organization are key skills needed to accomplish this multi-tasking position. As a member of the Brand Development team, this position is also crucial to the integrity of delivering the brand’s promise and customer experience through packaging design and copy.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
20%-Partner with key business partners to execute and manage packaging design development
50%-Project facilitation to ensure timelines are met
30%-Consistently benchmark brand creative vs. competitors to ensure creative treatments represent current brand positioning.
Nature and Scope: This position reports to Manager Packaging; This position had no Direct Reports
Environmental Job Requirements: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment test if applicable.
Additional Minimum Qualifications: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Work Experience Required: 5
Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 5 Years prior experience in creative packaging design
- Knowledge of advertising agency structure
- Computer skills to create design direction and mechanical executions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Knowledge or experience with creative packaging design
- Cross-functional multi-project facilitation
- Packaging process operations/development
- Conceptualization Leader SKU development
- File Organization
- Mockup creation
- Knowledge of printing processes – Litho, Flexo, Digital Brand Standard creation and updates
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2016
Functional Area: Marketing
Company: The Home Depot
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No