The 29 winning products, were chosen in a vote of more than 40,000 consumers in a national representative survey, which POY USA conducts each year with research partner TNS, a global consumer research firm that’s part of the Kantar Group.
POY USA noted that the winning products will get to bear the 2016 Product of the Year title, enabling shoppers to easily identify the most innovative products voted on by consumers. The company added that Product of the Year winners outperform category sales performance by 38.1%.
“Consumers are looking for quick, in-and-out experiences in stores when making their everyday household purchases,” stated Rich Fryling, managing director of Product of the Year USA. “The red Product of the Year Award seal lets shoppers know that over 40,000 fellow consumers prefer the winning products over the competition.”
CVS Pharmacy won an award this year for its Gold Emblem Abound Unsalted Pistachio & Almond Blend snack.
GOLD EMBLEM ABOUND UNSALTED PISTACHIO & ALMOND BLEND – CVS/pharmacy: Retail Price: $7.99
We think pistachios and almonds are two of nature’s tastiest gifts, but even better when paired together. Gold Emblem Abound Unsalted Pistachio & Almond Blend is naturally delicious, easy to snack on without those pesky shells, USA grown and meets the American Heart Association criteria for heart-healthy food per 1 oz. serving.
The winners were announced at Thursday night’s 2016 Product of the Year Awards Ceremony at the Edison Ballroom in Manhattan, hosted by “Saturday Night Live” alumnus Rachel Dratch and NBC “30 Rock” comedian Scott Adsit, with red carpet interviews conducted by Cat Greenleaf, host of NBC’s “Talk Stoop.”
Other winners included :
- Beauty Tools: Amopé Pedi Perfect™ Extra Coarse Electronic Foot File with Diamond Crystals, Reckitt Benckiser
- Better For You: Weight Watchers Smart Ones Smoothies, Kraft Heinz Co.
- Car Care: Turtle Wax Dash & Glass, Turtle Wax
- Chocolate: M&M’s Crispy Chocolate Candies, Mars Inc.
- Coffee Beverage: Skinny Cow Creamy Iced Coffee, Nestle USA
- Condiment: French’s Tomato Ketchup, French’s Food Co.
- Condoms: Durex RealFeel Condoms, Reckitt Benckiser
- Eye Care: Clear Care Plus, Alcon
- Feminine Care: Playtex Sport Collection, Edgewell Personal Care
- Frozen Foods: Ore-Ida Bold & Crispy Steakhouse Fries, Kraft Heinz Co.
- Hair Care: Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair 11-in-1 Leave-In, Henkel
- Hair Styling: Göt2b Mind Blowing Fast-Dry Hair Spray, Henkel
- Ice Cream: Skinny Cow Dipped Ice Cream Bars, Nestle USA
- Kitchen & Home: Finish Powerball Max In 1, Reckitt Benckiser
- Laundry Pacs: Tide Pods Plus Febreze, Procter & Gamble Co.
- Lip Care: Softlips Cube, Mentholatum Co.
- Liquid Laundry: Tide HE Turbo Clean Liquid Detergent, Procter & Gamble Co.
- Men’s Hygiene: Right Guard Xtreme Heat Shield Deodorant, Henkel
- Oral Care: ACT Advanced Care Mouthwash, Chattem Inc.
- OTC: Flonase Allergy Relief, GlaxoSmithKline
- Paper Products: Kleenex Perfect Fit Facial Tissues, Kimberly-Clark Corp.
- Pet Food: Beyond Purées, Nestle Purina PetCare
- Pet Health: Milk-Bone Good Morning Daily Vitamin Treats, Big Heart Pet Brand
- Shower & Bath: Lysol Click Gel, Reckitt Benckiser
- Specialty Laundry: Downy Fresh Protect, Procter & Gamble Co.
- Sugar Confections: Sweethearts Soft & Chewy Ropes, Nestle USA
- Sustainability: Energizer EcoAdvanced, Energizer
- Vitamins & Supplements: Emergen-Zzzz, Alacer Corp.
POY takes submissions of innovative products launched within the previous year. The submissions are grouped into categories such as food, beverages, home improvement, pet, etc., with one product being named the category winner based on the results of the TNS survey.
Established 29 years ago, Product of the Year is the world’s largest consumer-voted award for product innovation and operates in 42 countries. Winning products receive the right to use the POY seal in marketing communications for two years.