Stamford, CT (DWW)
The Director – Brand and Marketing Strategy will lead the development of brand and marketing strategies and program initiatives to position Daymon Worldwide as the brand-building expert in the Private Brand space. This individual will be responsible for proactively providing strategic marketing support to our customer partners, helping to build brands that resonate with shoppers and drive profitable sales. This is a leadership position for a tenured marketer/strategist capable of establishing and developing effective customer relationships at the most senior level of an organization.
- Partner with operations leadership, field marketing teams and business leads in the development of proprietary portfolio/brand strategies and marketing programs that drive our customers’ businesses
- Lead strategic planning process at key customers and provide guidance on short/mid/long term plans
- Proactively identify business issues and solve through close collaboration with account lead and involving the account as necessary
- Interpret data, research and trends that impact the brand and/or marketing strategy and develop actionable insights relevant to our customer’s business
- Engage at the highest level of our customers and business partners (CEO, EVP, SVP, Directors) to develop meaningful relationships; autonomously builds plans to improve engagement with key accounts.
- Responsible for managing multiple people and for motivating a strategic team that delivers on key results and drives new thinking for the organization
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in a field such as consulting, business strategy, brand strategy, brand management or planning
- Bachelors degree, MBA strongly preferred (not required)
- Problem solver with the ability to push others to think differently, attack issues from multiple angles and lead/manage through ambiguity
- Passionate team builder with a proven track record for inspiring and motivating others, both with direct reports and other team members
- Strategic thinker who has demonstrated the ability to develop brands from concept to commercialization through viable and relevant brand strategy
- Communicator with exceptional oral, written and presentation skills with the capability to present to the top executive levels of any organization
- Relationship builder and influencer who can engage at the highest level within an organization (CEO, EVP, SVP, Directors)
- Self-starter with a positive attitude who will deliver projects with excellence
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Travel Required: 25-40% (domestic)
Position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all essential functions, duties and required skills. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Daymon Worldwide is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, or any other legally protected basis under federal, state or local law.
Associates joining Daymon may be subject to pre-employment screening.