We are looking for a Director, Brand Management (DBM) that will play an important role in our company’s mission to support our customers on their personal journey to better health. The DBM will support our mission through the development of Private Brand solutions that support an inspiring customer experience and connect customers to The Vitamin Shoppe like no other.
In partnership with key departments such as marketing, merchandising and sourcing, the DBM will be a key contributor in making our Private Brand program a strategic point of difference. The DBM is responsible for growing our diverse portfolio of Private Brands that cross consumable and non-consumable categories. As the brand guardian for those brands they manage, he/she will lead all aspects of brand management from conception through commercialization. As a strategic thought leader, the DBM will champion customer needs, focusing on ensuring we develop relevant propositions that delight our customers.
The DBM will function as a key internal influencer/stakeholder as well as a liaison to external resources in performing the duties of their job.
The DBM will be measured on both strategic and economic goals that include brand growth, customer satisfaction, brand fit, speed to market and execution excellence.
Our brand mantra is Inspire and Nourish. Thrive Every Day. At The Vitamin Shoppe we aspire to this for both our customers and the Health Enthusiasts who choose to work here. Want to work for a mission based company and be part of something bigger? Then what are you waiting for? Send us your resume!
- Lead brand-building processes, ensuring PB Team’s efforts are aligned with brand strategy
- Create and champion brand strategy and brand building efforts for assigned brands
- Ensure brand strategy is translated into packaging, marketing and merchandising tactics, working collaboratively with Marketing, Manufacturing, Merchandising and outside agency partners as necessary
- Translate consumer feedback into actionable direction to enhance the consumer centricity of the deliverable
- Lead the marketing planning process ensuring PB team’s efforts are aligned with our goals and objectives for the given year.
- Create a holistic marketing plan that accommodates the brands/categories/initiatives that he/she is responsible for, as well as consideration for the portfolio initiatives as a whole
- Leverage best-in-class marketing principles to lead Corporate Brand marketing planning process
- Drive communication plan for creating overall enterprise alignment to our marketing plans
- Work with agency partners and/or internal teams to ensure marketing strategy, communication strategy and execution are aligned with brand strategy
- Direct development of long-term vision, business planning and strategies for key categories, working cross-functionally with their Merchant partner as well as other enterprise stakeholders
- Drive Corporate Brand growth (sales, volume, profits) by applying knowledge of competitive set, consumer trends and business needs, both short and long term
- Identification of the target consumers, understanding their needs and the development of an overarching category strategy, driving our key corporate brand strategies across the portfolio
- Identifies need for new brand(s) and/or offerings, given customer needs and business opportunities
- Initiate, develop and engage teams in applying consumer/customer/shopper insights for key brands and categories
- Provide thought leadership that ensures insight is meaningful, validated and holistically grounded
- Further our understanding of our customers via research and data analysis
- Provide thought leadership for new and meaningful methodology to drive powerful insight
- Fiscal management of marketing and brand budgets
- Lead budget planning for both marketing and brand management
- Ensure internal and external expenditures are accounted for and on-track based on budgeted numbers
Educate and communicate to cross-functional teams within and outside of Private Brands
- Private Brand vision, mission, strategies
- Alignment of Corporate Brand Vision to enterprise master brand strategy
- Brand building process and brand tools
- Year-on-year Corporate Brand priorities and marketing plans
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop innovative/new PB products and marketing initiatives within assigned categories and brands, based on customer insights, needs identification and brand architecture
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
Other Functions: Limited out of town travel required.
Directs, guides, and evaluates the work of (2) Brand Mangers. Performance manages the individual including annual/quarterly performance reviews and goal setting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S.B.A /Marketing degree, MBA or MMA preferred, or equivalent combination of intellectual instruction and work experience in brand management in a retail environment.
- Financial and analytic acumen
- Brand building, marketing and brand management expertise
- Insight mining
- Consumer targeting and equity development
- Managing Private Brand portfolios
- Short and long-term planning
- 10-15 years of Consumer Packaged Goods, retailer or manufacturer experience in a brand management context, 2-5 years of cross-functional team management experience.
Skill and Ability:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proficient in MS office software.
About this company
At the Vitamin Shoppe, Every Body Matters! We are dedicated to inspiring health and wellness one life at a time.
Our goal is to inspire you to take control of your health. We provide products, knowledge and motivation to help you live your healthiest life. We believe that every body matters. These words are more than our tagline; they’re our reason for being. For us, it’s not just about the vitamins; it’s about the individual lives that we touch every day. We believe in giving personal attention and doing all we can to help you achieve your unique goals. Our associates (we call them health enthusiasts) are eager – and very highly trained – to help you find what you need, and ensure that you have an exceptional experience every time you visit the Vitamin Shoppe.
Come be a part of something great and join our family of Health Enthusiasts!