This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We’re taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe’s Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home.
Ensures quality and safety of Walgreens Private Brand products via leadership of the Specifications group. Leads acquisition, review and approval of all Private Brands product specifications as submitted by vendors or laboratories. Manages data integrity, archiving policies and procedures. Supervises Specifications staff.
- Defines and maintains policies with regards to Private Brand product specifications. Manages all resources associated with SpecCheck system, provider service agreement, staffing (internal and contractors), departmental budget and process flow.
- Maintains the system to deliver comprehensive product specifications and a technical document control system. Ensure enhancements and fixes are implemented as needed.
- Ensures specifications are developed for all national, regional and Direct Store Purchase products.
- Controls standardized forms and systems for facilitating vendor information input. Manages all vendor communications relating to product specifications
- Oversees development of final specifications based upon detailed information provided by the Product Manager and obtains final specification approval signatures from vendor and internal departments prior to initial production of each product.
- Develops Master Supplier database to include vendor physical information and product specific data capable of generating unique lists for Market queries Example: kosher, gluten free products, allergen specific lists.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience working with specifications or product descriptions in retail, manufacturing, or technical environment
- At least 2 years of experience with managing compliance documents in a consumer goods environment.
- At least 2 years of experience managing projects (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Willing to travel at least 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Packaging, Quality, Electronics, Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience with technical data management.
- At least 2 years of experience managing vendor compliance.
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
Requisition ID 019461-1