We made our debut in the Seattle area in 1978, with a single store location at Northgate Mall. Now we have grown, and currently have hundreds of stores across the United States and Canada. We do what others have only dreamed of! We provide you with cutting edge clothing, footwear, accessories, DVDs, hard goods for skate and snow for active lifestyles. Everything we do revolves around the customer—you are the heart of our company.
We love and support the skate and snow industries that our customers live and ride for. With the success of our retail Zumiez shops, we’ve opened our online store for the world to experience, ZUMIEZ.COM! We want our customers to seek us, either shopping from their recliner at home or roaming through their favorite Zumiez store location. So shop, download and explore the world of Zumiez!
Are you a talented, motivated brand leader? Are you a high achiever, with a track record of beating aggressive goals? You know, the type-A who’s always looking to top last year?
ZUMIEZ is in search of a VP of Private Label to join the team in Lynnwood, WA.
Zumiez is currently looking for a qualified Vice President to lead our Private Label department. Zumiez Private Label is responsible for 13 unique brands spanning various categories including men’s, women’s accessories, clothing, and skate/snow hard goods.
Where you’ll work…
Our new headquarters is in the thriving metropolis of Lynnwood, Washington, just North of Seattle. This is a cube-free, skateboards welcome, open environment that’s designed to get people talking, debating the merits of an idea, and having fun. Even though we’re the home office, you’ll find a strong sales culture – not an administrative culture – here.
- Manage a team of design, sourcing, production and compliance
- Set long term financial targets for Zumiez’ owned brands and build and implement strategic plans to achieve those targets
- Forecast trends and work with design team to apply them to Zumiez
- Recruit, retain and develop a team that has a high level of skill, commitment and accountability to the business with a continued focus on profitability and quality
- Provide direct reports with regular job performance feedback to enhance their contribution and annual performance evaluations with the goal of preparing them for broader responsibilities
- Oversee the development of an appropriate vendor sourcing strategy that balances cost, reliability, speed to market and vendor concentration risk
- Work with licensed brands to reach financial targets
- Work with marketing teams to ensure appropriate brand promotion through various channels
- Oversee Private Label brand portfolio and direction
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse group of people
- Strong understanding of trend and how it applies to the youth market
- Intimate knowledge of the Zumiez customer
- Strong understanding of retail math
- 10+ years of design experience
- 10+ years of management experience preferred
- 4 year degree
- Product marketing
- Action sports industry.
- Street wear market
- Youth culture
Medical | Dental | Vision | Stock Purchase Program | 401K | Generous Product Discount