The 7-Eleven Private Brands team is looking for a Product Development Manager to help support the development of new products, platforms and packaging for their business unit. This individual will cultivate consumer insights, market data and trends that help their business unit identify opportunities to grow Private Brands. A key member of their business unit, this person will work within their team to understand customer needs, create innovative products and lead a significant portion of the development process. Our team culture is goal-oriented, collaborative and driven to achieve results. We seek an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Support the Private Brand Team’s vision and strategy into a pipeline of innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Leverage market data, consumer insights and trends that identified ideas and platforms that resonate with 7-Eleven’s consumer base.
- Support the product development process including opportunity identification, consumer testing, establishment of success criteria, packaging development and post-launch performance verification.
- Partner with the Sr. Category Manager to develop a strategy that supports their business unit, serving as the key executional contact point with the supplier partner and internal stakeholders to gain alignment and bring high-impact platforms to market.
- Work collaboratively with the Category Team and Category Support Team to provide all critical information to facilitate product execution in-store.
- Provide input regarding the management of existing private brands assortments, including opportunities for expansion, promotion and rationalization of items.
- Assist in the development of the Associate Product Development Manager and ensure their activities align with the priorities of the business unit.
- Lead the execution of product sampling / tasting panels with potential consumers as well as in-house product reviews.
- Create, analyze and present performance metrics to help make business decisions about future product development strategy.
- Partner with user experience and customer research teams to drive insights into customer segments and shopping behaviors.
- Education: Bachelor’s/ 4 year Degree required. MBA / Graduate Degree preferred.
- Experience: 5 years of professional work experience required with 3 years in new product development or related experience is strongly preferred.
- Retail and/or Manufacturing experience are strongly preferred, building and nurturing brands a plus.
- Skilled using marketing metrics, consumer insights and data to drive business decisions.
- Proven problem-solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Time-management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple, competing priorities.